Chapter Seventy - It's A Bitch and A Half

y/n's PoV:

You stare at the screen for longer than you should once you finish reading his messages; You slide the phone across the table, and he receives it on the other end.

y/n: Why didn't you reply to him?

Pierre shrugs: I wanted you to decide if, and what, I should reply–

You nod gently, before nipping at your coffee again. To be honest you appreciate that; It concerns you and your relationship with your brother more than it does their friendship right now – Afterall, except for a bit of yelling and those texts, Pierre hasn't really been the target of Char's aggression... You have.

He smiles softly, knowing you're thankful for him waiting to reply.

Pierre: I can reply, with guns blazing, ready to make him stop, or I can leave him on seen. As you wish, mon amour...

y/n sighs: I don't even know... I just want everything to stop. Like sure, I fucked up, but both of them could have reacted less crazy.

He immediately knows that you're referring to Charles and your Mom.

y/n annoyed: I mean, how hard can it be, to just accept the fact that I'm into you?

Pierre smirks: Not hard – I accepted it... I'm pretty cool, you know, so it was just a question time...

You shake your head while laughing, and he leans back his head.

Pierre softly: You know that we'll do okay, right?

He stares at you.

Pierre reiterates: I know this seems like the end of the world, and I know you're stressing a lot more than you let on Baby, but we'll be okay.

Your eyes lock, and he gives your hand a little kiss.

y/n whispers: Yeah. We'll be okay.

The two of you agree that it's for the best to just leave Charles on seen. You continue eating, and change the topic to something more light hearted.

- Wednesday Afternoon -

Kim's suitcase got lost at Barcelona's airport, so you're sitting in the baggage claim area, waiting for someone to help her find her things. You watch her argue with an exhausted woman – After a couple of minutes she dials a number, and an older gentleman shows up.

She starts talking to him, and then they vanish behind some doors. You promised her you'd wait, so you sink back into the gridded seat, and look around. People come and go, rushing after their bags, there's crying babies, tired Mothers, and chatty teens.

In the midst of the entire mess though, you see this calm elderly couple. He's holding her hand, going at her pace, while she's giggling at what he's saying. All they focus on is each other, even if they're caught up in the center of a chaotic, social storm. Fuck that's cute. It's as if their world's only revolved around each other – Kind of like you want it to be with Pierre and you.

Your phone starts ringing; You answer:

y/n: Lorenzo! Hey! How are you!?