Chapter Forty-Six: You're Mad!? But I'm Mad At You!?

y/n's PoV:

It's just before six when you return to the hotel; You hop into the shower, blow dry your hair, put on a little make-up and get dressed for dinner. You decided on a flowy white dress, since it's still pretty warm outside, and Char told you that the restaurant was at the beach.

Just before seven your brother knocks on the door, and you end the phone call with your Mom - You've been trying to call her a little more frequently again.

Charles: Are you ready?

y/n: Yeah, hold on-

You grab your purse, and put on your beige-white wedges; They're one of the cutest shoes you own, since they have some intricate lace patterns on them - You know Pierre will like them. Charles holds open the door, as you head out, locking up behind you. When you reach the car, you open the door on the passenger side.

Charles: Actually...

You already know what he's about to say.

y/n sighs: Yup... I'll get into the back. Carlos I assume?

Charles: Yeah, so him and Alejandra will ride with us...

y/n interjects: Okay, no problem, I'll share the back with her then.

Charles: And we're picking up Pierre - And I don't want to force Alejandra to squish next to Pierre, so you'll squeeze into the middle if that's okay...

y/n chuckles: Can't Pierre just ride up front, and then Carlos can be with his girlfriend in the back?

Charles sighs: No, he's the better navigator between Pierre and him - The car's navigation doesn't work, remember?

You just shrug - You won't argue.

y/n: Alright, then I'll squeeze next to Pierre I guess.

You're still annoyed, because of the blonde girl type and the finger nail incident, so the realisation that you'll have to squeeze next to him in a small, tight rental car isn't the most amazing idea... You'll stay chill though, you don't want to cause tension tonight. To be honest you'd wish you could just argue with him about it, instead of having to suppress (1) that you're dating, and (2) that you're mad at him about two separate damn things, at the same time.

Well, one of them is born out of your own pathetic insecurity, but you genuinely want to ask him about it - Inquire why the hell you're the anomaly in his dating choice. On top of that Lando and Charles will be there, and the whole bet thing is a chaotic mess in itself, obviously not counting your own bet you made with Pierre, where you now got the self-earned right to go on one damn date out of revenge.

Your mind is spinning; How many damn issues can one woman have? Many apparently... very, very many.

A couple of minutes later Carlos reaches the car - He opens the door for Alejandra. Admittedly, no, you're not into women, but she could make anyone swap sexual-preferences real fast with her looks. To be honest, you have no clue how he bagged her. She is the rarity of an absolute eleven out of ten, where men probably hit on her all the time, and where women are jealous of her appearance...