Chapter Sixty-Eight: All Of The Sudden...

y/n's PoV:

You stare across your room; His voice and his encouragement made you feel better, and more secure about everything, but nonetheless, the thought of telling your Mom about your relationship seems terrifying.

Of course you'll be leaving out all the vulgar aspects when you tell her, but it still feels like a massive undertaking. To be honest, you don't definitively know how she'll respond, and that's what's freaking you out. With Charles you at least still knew that he'd become protective and possessive of you as his little sister – He'd get mad, pushy, and limitless.

He used to act like that on the playground when someone overstepped their bounds, and he's still like that. Lorenzo and Arthur, your other brothers, never behaved in such ways, but to be honest, Charles was, and still is, the most protective out of the three of them.

You start dialling her number, and for a split second you're convinced the nausea will return. One hand is holding your phone, and the other is placed on your stomach.

While the call starts ringing, you shake some sense into yourself. You are 23. You are a grown-ass woman. You are currently working in F1 and travelling the world because of it. And now you've got a boyfriend that you have to tell your Mom about, what's the big deal–?

Mom: Hello? Is everything okay Darling?

Her French sounds so soothing. Sure you speak French with Pierre and Charles all the time, but it's just different when you can talk to her in your mother tongue.

y/n chuckles: Yeah, hi Mom, everything's alright – I just really need to tell you about something.

Mom: Oh! Good, wonderful – I was scared something had happened...

y/n sighs: It's nothing bad...

Nothing bad... Well to be honest if you ice your brother out and tell him you're completely done with him, that should technically count as a bad thing, but you don't need to involve her in it. That's between him and you to solve – If you even want to solve it some day.

Mom happily: Good! Now tell me, I'm on my way to the shops, so I'm in a bit of a hurry Darling.

y/n chuckles: Uhm so... I've kind of been seeing someone–

Mom: Wow! Really!? He's nice I hope!?

Okay... Now that was not how you expected her to react. Of course you told Pierre that she might simply be curious and excited for you, but there's still the fact that she doesn't know it's him...

y/n nods: Yeah, yeah he is... Uhm, but yeah, you kind of know him...

Mom surprised: What!? Who!?

y/n shyly: Well...

You sigh softly, hesitating slowly.

Mom: Do I have to pull the information out of your nose mon amour, or will you tell me?

y/n laughs: Yeah, yeah, I'm telling you! It's Pierre, Mom...

Silence: Pure, utter, soul shattering silence for a full forty-five seconds.

Mom unsure: Gasly? As in Charles' friend Pierre?

y/n hesitantly: Yeah...

Mom confused: Why–

y/n confused: What do you mean why? I like him, why else would I date him?

Heat rushes to your face, and you start regretting the fact that you called her so confidently. Of course this wasn't going to be smooth sailing... If you thought it would be, you're completely delusional.

Mom: He's Charles' best friend. Is Char okay with you dating him?

y/n hesitant: I mean, we got into a bit of a fight about it...

Mom: A bit, or a big...

y/n quietly: A big one maybe, but–

Your chest tightens and your throat starts closing bit for bit.

Mom sighs: No y/n, no buts... He was your brother's friend first. I'm not sure I'll be a big fan of this match, if Charles is already upset about it.

y/n slowly: I really like him though, and Pierre doesn't solely have to be Char's friend, he can be more than one thing, to more than one family member.

Mom: No y/n... And anyways, you disliked that boy all your life, so why do you like him all of the sudden?

y/n: I just do Mom.

Mom sighs: Honey, I don't know about this.

y/n sigh: I do though – I want to be with him.

Mom disappointed: Why are you doing this to your brother, huh?

y/n irritated: I'm not doing this to him – I'm doing this–

Mom: Just stop y/n. Huh? Find someone else, please. I don't want to have to deal with Charles being upset by you.

y/n chuckles: Are you serious right now? Mom... I get that he's his friend, but are Charles' feelings really more important right now than mine are?

Mom: Stop. This isn't about one's emotions being more important. He's your brother y/n. You owe him that shred of decency of not getting with his friend. Stay away from Pierre.

y/n irritated: Mom–

Mom: No Darling, I'm sorry, that's the end of my involvement. I don't want to have to discuss this a second time.

She swiftly says goodbye, before ending the call. Your appetite for further phone calls has vanished completely; Mary will have to wait till a later point. With a single exhale, you drop onto your back, staring up at the room's ceiling.

You'll be happy the moment you can check out of this stupid room. It used to be a happy place, with solely good Pierre-memories, but now Charles ruined the whole thing. You probably shouldn't be attaching so much to a single hotel room, but it's literally your home for a couple of days. What else are you supposed to do?