Chapter Eighty-Seven: Excuse Me?

Charles' PoV:

The girls join you, and you enter the place; The table is set, waiting for you to sit. Your Mom casually suggests a seating order, and everyone just goes with it:

 Your Mom casually suggests a seating order, and everyone just goes with it:

It takes a while to order your drinks, and the food, but when it's done, everyone starts talking. Josi and y/n are discussing some new songs by an artist that they both like, Lorenzo, Arthur and Louise are talking about the race weekend, and Elle and your Mom are talking about the day on the boat tomorrow.

Your phone vibrates in your pocket, and you pull it out.

Pierre: Hey man, I didn't know you had a new Girl, I'd love to meet her

Pierre: If you want we can hang out on the boat tomorrow.

Pierre: Thanks for the invite by the way. Y/n and I are genuinely excited.

You glance up at your little sister - So y/n isn't actually super mopey and distracted... You smile for a moment, realising that it's already a lot better than it was a couple of days ago.

After all, you're at a family dinner together, she knows about Elle, and it seems that they've kind of gotten to know each other on the walk over to the restaurant... And now Pierre is texting you again, telling you that they're both excited....

You stare at your last texts to Pierre - You threatened him like a pathetic loser. You sigh, as you formulate a text.

Charles: Yeah, I do. Sounds good man.

Elle nudges you, and you send off the text without further ado. You have to start somewhere with him again, right?

Elle: Babe-

Charles: Yeah?

Elle whispers: Is your sister always super rude to her brother's girlfriends?

You stare at her, utterly confused by what she just said.

Charles quietly: What do you mean? Was she rude?

Elle: So, so rude.

Nothing but a sigh escapes; Maybe you've not made as much progress as you thought you had made. You apologise to Elle swiftly, adding a little kiss to make her feel better. You take her hand into yours, as she tells you that y/n and the others "ganged up" against her.

You listen in disbelief; To be honest it doesn't sound like something y/n would do, but right now she's not really acting like herself, so who knows... The drinks arrive, and they get distributed.

---

Mom and y/n talking about some random things, before having a conversation about being at home again.

Mom: I'm so glad that my Babies are all home, that everyone is happy, and that all of you are on your best behaviour...

Both of them chuckle, as you find your moment to enter the conversation.

Charles sighs: Mom?

Y/n glances at you, while having a sip of her water.

Mom: Yes, Char?

Charles: I'm not sure about the best behaviour thing...

Both of them seem amused, waiting for a punch line for a joke, but you don't deliver one. Instead you stare at y/n.

You don't understand how she can act so immature, like a little bully - Elle hasn't done a single thing, and yet she gets attacked by y/n. She's taking out her anger on Elle, and that's not okay.

Charles: Y/n's been acting like a little kid.

The whole table stares at the three of you - Mind shattering silence.

y/n: Excuse me?

Charles: You've been behaving like an immature, petty, little bully.

Elle rests her hand on your leg beneath the table.

Mom: What? Why Char?

Y/n simply gets up, before pushing in her chair. She grabs her purse - She'd definitely leave right now if Mom wouldn't be holding onto her arm.

Charles: She's been rude to Elle - She's been acting immature to me - She's-

Lorenzo: Enough! What is this supposed to do Char?

Charles: Stay out of it - Elle said y/n was rude to her. What did she ever do to you? Huh?

Josi loudly: Hold up! I think you've got things a little twisted here Charles-

Charles sighs: No, I don't.

Louise: But I think you do. It was the other way around!?

Both of them look at y/n, as if they're waiting for her to defend herself, but she doesn't, instead she just removes Mom's hand from her arm, while excusing herself.

y/n: I think I'll leave now. Have a good night.