Chapter Sixty-Six: Don't Ruin Your Future

Charles' PoV:

Her eyes are pinned onto you, not letting you out of her sight for even a split second. Y/n's breath is heavy, as it slowly calms down from your back and forth. You sigh in frustration - Can't she just spit out what she has to say?

y/n quietly: You know what Charles?

You just nod, hoping you knocked some sense into her.

y/n disappointed: Being mad that I'm with your best friend is one thing - I still get that, okay? But calling me slutty, and threatening me like this, is an entirely different thing. I'll go to your stupid Doctor's appointment to give you peace of mind, because I know nothing is wrong, but after that-

Her demeanour changes rapidly; She grows cold and tense. The control shifts into her advantage, as she's got you waiting for more information now; You're just standing there, waiting for her to continue. Your throat tightens, your chest burns and your stomach is knotted.

Charles: Then what?

y/n quietly: Then I'm done with you. Not with him, but with you.

Charles irritated: No- Y/n-

y/n seriously: Yes. You heard me - Now leave my room. I've had enough of your behaviour, and of you consistently acting as if I'm the problem, as if we both didn't fuck up.

You swallow harshly, as she directs you towards the door.

Charles: No. We're family y/n, this is my job-

y/n annoyed: No! Listen up. You are done, as of now. I am tired of this craziness - And don't you even bother with your threats, I'll quit, I'll go back home and I'll tell Mom myself!

Charles sighs: I didn't mean any of that y/n - I wasn't going to seriously fire you!? Don't ruin your fucking future over a fucking guy!?

y/n scoffs: Over a guy!? Pierre isn't threatening or ruining anything. The only one who consistently does that is you Charles, and I'm so over it. Now leave.

She pushes you out of her room, the same way you did with Pierre before; You pound on her door for the next ten minutes, begging her to continue talking, to let you in and to not quit, but eventually the hotel security comes and makes you return to your own room, due to a noise complaint from a neighbour.

You lean against your hotel door, frustrated with yourself, and how everything went down. You should've waited, but you couldn't. At least now you know that they are together now; So... You can help her somehow.

Her words keep ringing in your ears; "You are done", "I'll quit", "As if we both didn't fuck up"... It was never your intent to threaten or scare her, but how else were you supposed to approach this situation?

They slept together!? They ARE together for god sakes - He's wrong for her and you have to protect your baby sister from men like Pierre Gasly. Best friend or not, he's wrong. You have to protect her.

y/n's PoV:

--- After kicking him out ---