Chapter Eight-Nine: Gentle And Innocent

Pierre's PoV:

00:03

She walks out of the bathroom, and crawls into bed with you.

Pierre chuckles: Yeah there's still alcohol on your breath...

y/n laughs: Well I brushed my teeth twice now, so either kiss me with my Bacardi-breath or kick me out...

You pull her towards you, while starting to make out to prove your point. One notification after another floods in, making your phone vibrate on the nightstand - Eventually you let go of her, to see who's spamming you.

Charles: Mate

Charles: Is y/n with you? She's not at home.

Charles: Look I'm not mad if she is, I just need to know she's fine, because I called Mary like two hours after we got home, since she wasn't there, because she left dinner early, and Mary said that y/n wanted to go home.

Charles: But she's obviously not here, and I think she turned off her phone completely.

Charles: Mom is kind of freaking out.

You nearly had a seizure trying to read that third message of his.

Pierre: Did you turn off your phone?

y/n shrugs: Yeah, why?

Pierre: Well apparently your family is freaking out since you're not at home.

y/n sighs: Is it Charles texting you?

You turn the phone towards her, so that she can see for herself. It takes her a lot longer than it usually does, since she's drunk.

y/n: Just tell them that I'm with you, and that I'm fine.

Pierre: Why'd you turn off your phone?

y/n: I had a shit night with them, Baby... So I fled to Mary's and now to yours.

She mumbles something else, but you don't understand what she said. You text him back, lying about her phone:

Pierre: She's with me, and she's fine. Her phone just died. Sorry man.

Charles: Okay, thank you. I appreciate it. Will she come home in a bit?

Pierre: She's low key drunk man, I think she had a little bit too much fun with Mary. She'll stay at my hotel tonight.

Charles: Okay. Thanks.

At least Charles and you are texting again; It's polite, which is better than nothing. You turn off your phone, and cuddle up with y/n. She sighs softly, as you run your hand along her back.

Pierre whispers: I told him your phone died. Are you going to tell me why your night was shit, and why you left dinner early, or do you just want to chill and not discuss it?

y/n whispers: I just want you Baby - No talk about anyone or anything else. Just you and me, mon amour...

She holds on a little tighter.

Pierre whispers: Okay.

You wish you knew what was going on in her mind right now, since she's a bit of a mess and she's drunk... You want to make her feel better - You can't fix something though, if you don't know what needs fixing.

You push a kiss into her hairline, while she nuzzles up against you.

y/n whispers: Thank you...

Pierre sighs: Any time...

A couple of minutes pass.

She runs her hand over her face.

y/n sighs: I think I had a little too much to drink-

Pierre chuckles sarcastically: You think?

It's pretty obvious to be honest.

y/n: Yeah, yeah, Gasly, I know I overdid it.

Pierre chuckles: As long as you're not sick, it's fine...

y/n smiles: Yeah, I guess so... It makes me look stupid though-

You like talking to drunk-y/n, equally as much as you like talking to sober-y/n. Some people are horribly annoying when drunk, and you can barely stand them, but she's fine... Well she's fine, unless she's got an attitude, but you can handle it... All she really needs is someone who looks after her.

She deserves all the care, love and attention in the world - And you'll give all of it to her - It becomes a lot more obvious that she needs it when she's drunk though...

Pierre: Why would it?

y/n: Cause it looks like I can't control myself... You've seen me completely drunk twice in two or so weeks now... It's embarrassing.

Pierre smiles: Baby, I know that you can control yourself. You wanted to drink, so you had a few with your best friend, that's okay... And it doesn't matter how often I see you drunk...

y/n whispers: It doesn't?

Pierre quietly: No, it doesn't, because I love you, remember?

y/n giggles: Oh yeah!

Pierre whispers: If you want to drink mon amour, go ahead and drink. I'll be right by your side when you need me.

She pulls you in for a flirty, little kiss.

y/n whispers: Pierre?

Pierre smiles: Yes y/n?

She's so gentle and innocent right now.

y/n whispers: Why do you love me?

Pierre quietly: That's quite a long list, you know?

y/n giggles: Is it?

Her eyes are lit up - Practically holding all the light the sun has ever given off... And you're the one she's looking at. Fucking hell, she's all yours.

Pierre nods: A very, very long list...

y/n mumbles: Would you tell me about some of them?