Chapter Sixty-Seven: Crossing Oceans and Fighting Wars

Pierre's PoV:

She sighs softly. You run your hand through your hair, and you sigh as well. 

y/n: Baby... Fuck. We were right back then, you know?

Pierre chuckles: Right about what?

y/n: That we are complicated together–

Pierre smiles: Well, we are easy and uncomplicated together... Publicly on the other hand... That's when we become complicated.

y/n laughs: Uncomplicated? You and me? Never. I'll remind you in case you've forgotten it, but I'm technically still mad at you, because of the club thing yesterday...

Pierre laughs: No! C'mon, let go of that, we've got bigger fish to fry than some petty, drunken jealousy... Although, I wouldn't mind you sending me suggestive pictures like that more often...

y/n scoffs: Oh shut up! We'll talk about the club thing when we see each other the next time – I'll forget about it for now though...

Pierre smiles: Good...

There's a pause. She sounded tired, and incredibly worn-out.

Pierre gently: Ma chérie?

y/n: Hmm?

Pierre: How are you feeling?

Silence. It takes her a couple of seconds to formulate an answer, so you wait patiently:

y/n numbly: A mix of everything maybe? I'm fed up with Charles, I'm frustrated with myself for getting into a situation like this in the first place, I'm exhausted by the drama – Even though I'm the root of the problem...

Pierre chuckles: You really aren't y/n...

y/n sighs: But I am. Without me, none of this would've happened.

Pierre sighs: Look Baby, without me none of it would've happened either, and without Charles too. You can't blame yourself for something that three people are and were involved in. We all caused this, so please, don't call yourself the root of the problem, cause you aren't.

y/n softly: Thank you – I just... I want it to be okay again.

Pierre: Of course you do... And it will be soon.

y/n softly: What about you then? How are you, mon amour?

Pierre chuckles: Me? I'm feeling fantastic... My girl isn't though, so I feel like crap– That's my answer: I feel like crap!

She laughs in response, and you smile brightly. Good God... Your heart throbs. You would cross oceans for her, you would fight wars and you would do anything you could to make her laugh. You're quite certain that love is a form of insanity... But as long as she's in love with you and she's yours, you'll accept the fact that you're crazy.

y/n: OH! And... I also have to tell my Momma about you, before Char uses it against me...

Pierre surprised: Wow – Uhm, what do you think she'll say?

She gives you a general run down of how she might react. You listen attentively, commenting along the way, making her chuckle once or twice.

Pierre: Well, either way, it will be out then. It's better like that...

y/n softly: Yeah.

Pierre apologetically: I'm sorry that you couldn't decide when you wanted to go public though. Charles has kind of forced it on Us now.

y/n quietly: It's okay, Pierre...

Pierre irritated: It really isn't ma chérie, it was supposed to be up to you.

y/n chuckles: You mean up to Us, right?

Pierre smiles: Nah – Up to you. I know I acted reckless and stupid in the club, risking Us being exposed, but in reality I wanted that to be completely up to you. For you to have control over this part of our relationship, you know? Just drunk me had other plans... And so did Charles apparently.

y/n softly: Woah...

Pierre chuckles: What?

y/n lively: That's cute of you... Like incredibly cute...

You laugh for a moment. The two of you talk for a little while longer, before she says she needs to call her Mom now. You agree to meeting her later today – Frankly you just want to hold her and make her feel better.

While she starts picking up the scraps of Charles' useless anger and your relationship's future, you head into the gym with your personal trainer.