Chapter Two

[REAL LIFE]

Clara sits at the table, scrolling through her Instagram page, waiting for George to finish up his stream. She doesn't have any plans for the night and is hoping that she and her best friend could maybe spend some time together.

As the sound of heavy footsteps hitting steps gets louder, Clara perks up. Sure enough, George soon trudges into the kitchen, rubbing his eyes tiredly.

"You can't wipe away the color blindness, George, we've talked about this." Clara comments, smirking. George merely grunts back, slowly sinking into the barstool next to her.

His slouching posture hints at his exhaustion, and Clara knows to back off.

"It's alright, you can buy me another pack of strawberry laces tomorrow. Make sure you get some rest tonight, yeah?"

With a heavy sigh, George meets her eyes.

"I will, I will. We'll have a bite to eat and then I'll head to bed. Do you want my help cooking?"

Though the words hung in the air, Clara knew it was an empty suggestion.

"Eh, I think I'll just heat the last of the pasta bake I made for my lunch yesterday." She sets her phone down and stands up, walking over to the fridge. Pulling the door open, she huffs, searching for the Tupperware she tucked away.

"So uh, you did it!" George does his best to add some excitement into his voice despite being wiped out since he knows that this is a big deal for Clara. It's not like he blames her. Appearing in front of that many people was officially exposing, and even he wasn't able to fully handle it sometimes.

Clara chuckles as she takes the Tupperware out of the fridge, and sets it into the microwave, clicking a few buttons before confirming that it starts.

"I did, didn't I? Sure, it was frightening at first, but I think I hid it pretty well, right?"

"Yes of course! You were a natural up there 'lara! I think-I know that they all loved you. I bet they're going to be demanding your presence the next time I go live."

Clara turns to face George, back to the microwave. George's eyes are now wide open, shining with support.

"Oh, I don't think I made that much of a grand first impression..."

"I beg to differ. When you left, it was a complete scandal. I had to repeatedly ask people to stop mentioning you!"

"God, I'm sorry-"

"Don't even let those words leave your mouth." George hates it when she apologizes for virtually no reason.

Clara shuts her lips tightly.

George lazily rests his chin on his hand, eyes drooping.

"Anyways, I know they're all obsessed with you because you're trending." He says nonchalantly.

"What?!" Clara blurts out.

The microwave beeps loudly, and she migrates back over to it, swiftly pulling out the baked pesto pasta. The cheese bubbles over the lid, as she carefully dishes it out onto two plates. The pasta steams, the warm smell of veggies following the plates as she grabs two forks. She sets one plate in front of George and sits down with the other.

George doesn't hesitate to dig in, despite the green pasta appearing brown to him. His lips quirk up into a gentle smile, as he realizes that she left tomatoes out of the recipe, due to the fact that they often share food, keeping in mind that George despises tomatoes.

"Please explain," Clara commands, taking a bite of her food.

"Wha?" George replies, words muffled by his mouthful of pasta.

Clara rolls her eyes.

"I'm trending?"

Recognition flashes across George's eyes, and he pulls out his phone, quickly scrolling to Twitter. Clara leans over his shoulder so that she can see, scooting her chair closer to his. Sure enough, the words shine at her in white lettering.

9 • Creators • Trending

clara

Content creator GeorgeNotFound introduces his roommate Clara to his stream. Fans gush about the girl's hysterical sense of humor and bright personality.

Trending with gnf roommate, cleorge

Clara blurts out the first thing that comes to her mind.

"Cleorge?" She stifles a laugh at how stupid it sounds.

"I know right? They couldn't have thought of anything better," George huffs, genuinely sounding disappointed. "I knew the shipping was inevitable, but Cleorge?"

Clara stays silent, processing the rest of the description.

"'Hysterical sense of humor' huh." She sucks on her lip, wrinkling her nose, reveling in the shock of acceptance. "Okay, maybe you're right-"

"CLIP THAT, CLIP THAT RIGHT NOW!" George exclaims, Clara retaliating by hitting his arm.

"Shut up, Goh-gee. Let me feel loved." Clara grabs the phone out of his hand and clicks on the category.

sarahnotfound :) | oh.georgee

okay am i the only one whos literally obsessed with clara

marina.the.dreamer | hermit.thefrog

Singing rick and morty until we get more clara content

alex24 | alex-williams

FIRST DNF AND THEN CLEORGE, HOW MANY TIMES WILL GOGY BE SUCH AN OBVIOUS BOTTOM

catsrcute | britishbluelvr

who tf authorized clara to be so gorgeous shes literally a goddess

Clara's name was plastered all over her phone as she scrolled on and on, eyes widening as more and more posts loaded in.

"I'm telling you. They love you, Clara. How can they not?" George comments, gently, still shoveling food into his mouth.

Clara remains speechless, unsure of what to think. She's not sure if she wanted her name out this quickly, but the majority of comments not "praising her for being a clout chaser" was better than anything she could've asked for.

George feels as if he's floating on air itself. His two worlds are meeting, and he doesn't feel quite as guilty about keeping them separate any longer. The bullet had been bit, and Clara had been introduced. The fans fell in love, and all that's left now is smooth sailing. George is simply happy that things went as well as they did.

"So tell me about your newest piece?" George questions, smoothly transitioning into a new topic.

"Oh, it's an emerald ring, with a twisting silver frame..."

And so the two carry on, sitting next to each other at the dining table they always share, acting as if their lives haven't just drastically changed for the better. 

REZZINA SPEAKS...

Lowkey pretty short too, my bad. Sorry I know we're all itching for Wilbur and Clara to meet but take some best-friend content instead. Reminder that the next one's going up on Friday! Stay tuned!