Chapter Three

[REAL LIFE]

Clara treks up the stairs to George's room, holding a plate of the lemon chicken she had made him earlier. She knows that he gets busy with streams, and usually makes an effort to help him out in any way she can.

The smell of garlic wafts through the air, as she approaches his door.

"Hey, George?" Clara calls out. "I was a good housewife and made you dinner!" When she receives no response, her mouth turns down into a frown, confusion littering across her face. Alright, maybe he just can't hear me.

She nudges the door slightly, listening for a possible outburst of protest from George. Not a single peep.

Sighing, she rolls her eyes. Counting to three, Clara kicks the door open, the handle hitting the white wall with a loud bang.

"If you don't want to starve, you answer the fucking-" Clara stops when she spots George's empty chair, headphones lying abandoned on the desk. Her eyes flick up to his set-up, hurriedly checking if he's streaming. She can't spot any analytics of some sort, so Clara assumes he's merely playing by himself. What a sad fellow.

Clara wanders over to the desk, setting the plate down, and tucking herself into his chair. She takes a proper look at the screen and is met with an unexpected sight. The monitor is open to Discord, icons indicating that George is sitting on a call with two other people. Both have their cameras flicked off, and the green lights show them talking animatedly, conversation flowing between the two of them rapidly.

Clara swore to never invade George's privacy, by butting into any of his work or relationships with his online friends. But this is simply too good of an opportunity, and Clara can't help but be curious as to who the people on the call are.

She hums to herself as she pulls his headphones on over her head. She tucks her hair behind her ears so she can properly hear. Clearing her throat, Clara considers doing some sort of vocal warm-up before clicking the ominous button. The cursor hovers over the key. She takes a deep breath and quickly presses undeafen, not having the chance to overthink far too much.

"-are you fucking deranged, Nick?"

"Small dick, small dick, small dick"

"How do you know? Stalker much?"

"You're right, I don't know. But I'm sure George can confirm! Oh Georgeee, are you back from the bathroom, or have you fucking drowned in your piss?"

"I knew it," Clara says, purposefully making her voice sound more broken and sad.

There's a beat of silence before the guttural sound of 'Dream' choking on water fills the call.

"I knew he was cheating on me." Clara fake-sobs into George's microphone, continuing with the brief bit. "But picking two men over such a fine specimen like myself? It's unfathomable!"

"whaAAt?!" Dream demands, seemingly recovering from his airways being filled with water.

'Sapnap' sounds as if he's consuming his microphone, laughing so wildly with disbelief.

"DID GEORGE PISS FOR SO LONG THAT HE REVERSE-HIT PUBERTY?" Dream wheezes through the last word.

"Tea's ready." Clara quips, chuckling.

Sapnap seems to be catching his breath, inhaling and exhaling deeply.

"No but seriously, who are you and what are you doing in George's office?"