Chapter Fifty

[REAL LIFE]

"Wil!" Tommy shouts from the distance.

"Yeah?"

"From now forth we shall be known as Team Weak! Because we're strong every day of the week!" Behind Tommy, George stumbles and falls into the lake with a screech.

"We'll be Team Pussy!" Wilbur declares.

"Because I have one!" Clara says in the same tone, shooting Tommy a thumbs up, making him laugh so hard at her candor that he almost trips off the play structure.

George cackles way longer than the rest of the group, and Tommy gets distracted making fun of him as the other man laughs underwater. Using this, Wilbur takes his shot, lunging at Tommy and beginning a scuffle between the two of them. Tommy calls George for help, who pulls himself out of the water and sprints to Tommy's assistance.

"Clara!" Wilbur yells.

"Got it!"

Clara puts her head down, advancing on George like a bull with its horns out. However, George hip-checks her so aggressively and nastily, that she's caught off-guard, extra stunned by the arm he shoves her with. Clara squeals and tumbles down, rolling off the float and into the water as if she's a tumbleweed in the West.

"NOOOO!" Wilbur shouts as George descends upon him.

Wilbur begs for his life, but eventually, the combined efforts of Tommy and George win out, and he goes slowly slipping into the lake to join Clara, who's floating on her back defeated.

"This is what I call a... rejuv-resuj-rejuvenizing nub-" George manages to get out, panting.

"Why are you just laughing manically every three seconds?" Tommy questions through a laugh.

George proves Tommy's point with a snicker. "I'm crazy!"

Wilbur shakes his head with amusement, peering over at Clara next to him.

"Life is meaningless and long and full of suffering," she drawls, eyes not leaving the endless clouds framing the sky above them.

"Wow, you're like... so deep, and wise." Wilbur jokes, peering over at her.

She smirks over at him as if saying "really?" Reaching over a hand, she splashes water at him and he cries out.

"How dare you?!" He says in mock betrayal.

She shrugs and begins to doggy-paddle back to shore. Unfortunately, Wilbur plays dirty. She shrieks as he grabs her legs and drags her back to him.

"Wilburrr," Clara whines. "Let gooo."

He just smiles holding on tight. "But you're so prettyyyy, I just want to hold on to you foreverrrr."

"I'm gonna kick you in the head."

Wilbur still doesn't let go. But then George's small shout makes them both look up. He's slipped and fallen right near the edge. Clara and Wilbur lock eyes before diving for the float, both eager to pull their friend in.

✧༺♥༻∞  ∞༺♥༻✧

After some more battling, and when each of them has spent some more time in the water (or in George's case, more time slipping and falling face down on the float itself), they decide to settle down and cool off, as all of their muscles are aching.