Chapter Forty-Six

[REAL LIFE]

"That's what she wants to see you on, Tommy." Wilbur turns to the camera to The Smiler, building suspense.

"Is it though?" Tommy replies, clearly terrified. "Maybe she... maybe she doesn't. Maybe she just wants to see me be honest-"

"Six minutes-six minutes, eighteen inversions..."

"Only six?" Clara murmurs to herself sadly.

"Look at that!" Tommy points at the spinning yellow and black contraptions decorating the rollercoaster.

Wilbur goes on. "It's one of the most high-intensity rollercoasters in the world."

Tommy wanders over to the gate, taking a closer look, Wilbur following closely behind him.

"Tommy, are you there?"

The boy slowly turns around, expressionless. "Let's go home," he states stiffly, eliciting a wild laugh from Wilbur.

"Are you ready for this one, Philza Minecraft? Or are you shaking in your boots?" Clara nudges Phil, who doesn't have a chance to reply before Tommy butts in.

"Wait are you three scared, are you scared as well?"

Wilbur just makes a funny face at the camera, Clara putting up two thumbs up.

"I'm not scared, Tommy." Wilbur smiles, making Tommy frown.

"Come onnn, this is going to be the best six minutes of your life!" Clara claps her hands together.

"There's-there's a joke in there somewhere," Phil smirks at the ground.

Wilbur turns to look at the man, wide-eyed. "PHILZA???"

✧༺♥༻∞  ∞༺♥༻✧

Tommy whines about the line looking like "prison simulator" for a bit, Wilbur walking hand in hand with Clara behind him.

"Are you going to be okay?" Tommy ponders.

"I'm gonna be fine Tommy," Wilbur says calmly.

"SO AM I!" The boy insists.

"How so? You don't have a pretty girl holding your hand," Clara taunts.

"He will if he just does this ride," Phil jokes.

They continue making their way to the point where they can actually get on the ride, the decorations getting more and more artsy with flashing lights setting the mood.

Eventually, they make their way into the seats, Phil sitting at Tommy's left, Wilbur on his right, and Clara next to Wil, the boy clutching tightly to the girl's hand.

"So this is safe?" Tommy confirms.

Wilbur laughs for a moment before realizing that Tommy's not kidding with his clarification. "Tommy, look at me. You're about to become a man, Tommy."

"Okay what do I do, what if it's too fast for me?"

"I'm here for you. If you need me, just look to your right."

As Tommy nods, Phil raises a brow. "Well, then who do I look to?" He asks.

"Think of your wife!" Clara quips, leaning forward to meet Phil's eyes across the other two.