Chapter Forty-One

[REAL LIFE]

Pings resonate from Clara's laptop loudly, and her eyes flit to the top right corner of the screen. She sighs when she sees who's messaging her, but puts down her gem-set pliers, swiping away from The Umbrella Academy to open Discord. It's a message from Tommy, telling Clara that Wilbur really needs her help and she has to join the new server he's just invited her to right now.

The server is titled "BIG BIG CHUNGUS" and Clara hesitates before joining, preparing herself for stupidity. In the server are Tommy and two others (neither of which is Wilbur) all in VC One currently, the person titled 'Ranboo' being on deafen. She hasn't really heard about that person but she knows he's close with Tommy and Tubbo, and Wilbur's mentioned them off-handedly before.

Clara assumes Tommy wants her to join the VC, so she takes a deep breath before clicking in.

Immediately there's autotune flooding her ears.

"I'm fucking shitting my pants mannn!" An unfamiliar voice calls out through the echoing voice adjustment.

"Shit your pants, shit your pants." Clara assumes this second voice is Tommy, but it's hard to tell as he's using a filter that's making him sound all deep, simulating as if he actually ever hit puberty.

"Nobody shit their pants, that's a mess to clean up." Clara chides.

"EYYYY CLARAAA!" Tommy shouts, still in a deep voice. "Oh uh-EYYYY CLARAAAA!" He corrects the filter to make himself return to normal.

"B-But what if I want to shit my pants?" The other guy makes his voice quiver dramatically as he says it.

"Well, then I guess you want to clean up that mess," Clara says nonchalantly, shrugging.

"Mm mm, you got me there." The person says. "Anyways passing over shitting my pants-"

"What?" It seems that Ranboo has undeafened at a very unfortunate time. "Hello?"

"Hi!" Clara says jauntily, waving even though he can't see her.

"Oh, hello!"

"This is a conversation for stroke victims," the other guy claims.

"Charlie, if I have a stroke can I be in the conversation?" Tommy asks stupidly.

"If you were having a stroke I don't think you could be doing much talking." Clara points out. "EYYY TOMMY!" She mimics after a beat of silence.

"EYYY CLARA!"

"We've been here before," Charlie says, chuckling quietly.

"Y'know what I haven't done before?" Ranboo adds.

"Commit mass murder?" Tommy interjects.

"No, that one I have covered don't worry. I was going to say I haven't met Clara officially."

"Well, now you have! Hi, I'm Clara."

"Hi, I'm Ranboo."

"Hi, Ranboo!"

"Hi, Clara!"

"Hi, Tommy!" Tommy says to himself in a high-pitched voice.

"Hello... Tomathy," Charlie continues, dropping his voice to that of a demon. "Woah uh, sorry something came over me there!" He overenunciates his syllables, making it clear he's kidding. "Anyways, I haven't met you either Clara just heard lots. I'm Charlie."

"My brother is also called Charlie." Clara remarks.

"Seems them two should battle it out or something," Ranboo voices.