Epilogue

[REAL LIFE]

Clara scurries towards the door, fiddling with her key. Her hair flies as she runs. She checks her watch and curses, before finally busting her way into the apartment.

"I'm here darling, I'm here, sorry I'm late!" She calls, slipping her shoes off rapidly.

"Hi, love don't worry about it! We still have five minutes before we actually have to go!" Wilbur's voice sounds from the next room.

"Perfect, all I need to do is grab my bags and go to the bathroom." Clara hops on her foot that's adorned in just a sock now, struggling to pry off her other boot. "How's my baby girl?"

In walks Wilbur. His hair is falling into his eyes as he looks down at the creature in his arms adoringly, bouncing her up and down lovingly. "Lovely but she missed her mum," Wilbur says, looking up to meet the eyes of his girlfriend.

Clara coos sweetly. "Awww hi Mochi, did you miss me while I was at work?" She talks in her baby voice that she only uses for their lovely little kitten, the new pride of joy in her and Wilbur's lives.

Clara leans down to make obnoxious kissy noises in Mochi's face, an act that the kitten does not seem to appreciate. The cat mewls quietly, and Wilbur immediately gently puts her down to the ground, letting her regain her bearings. Wilbur turns back to Clara with a large smile on his face.

"Can I get a greeting like that?" He teases, making Clara laugh softly.

"Of course, you can."

Clara mimics the sounds, kissing him on his cheeks before meeting his lips, wrapping her arms around his neck, and pulling him as close as he can possibly be. Wilbur's hands automatically fly to her hips, fingers kneading evenly.

The moment is interrupted when Mochi rubs her head against Clara's leg as if wanting to be the center of attention again. The couple pulls apart, staring lovingly at the new addition to their little family.

"Do you think she knows we're leaving?" Clara asks.

Wilbur nods. "Definitely. With you helping me pack all week, and all the fretting over outfits, she definitely knows that something's up. Plus you had Salem over to show her where everything is."

"Well, I also had her over to help me move a few things! So for all Mochi knows, perhaps we're just unpacking."

"Technically, you are."

The impending future of Clara living with the man she loves brings a grin to her face. They've known each other for over a year now, and around the last month, they've been messing around with the idea of Clara moving into Wilbur's place. She already spends most of her time there anyway, so it wouldn't be too much of a change. What proved to be most challenging, was the decision to move away from George, her best friend of so many years. George helped Clara put in perspective that it wasn't like either of them was dying; they could visit each other all they wanted, especially with George's flexible work schedule.

Clara will officially move in after they got back from America. For now, the majority of her smaller things are at Wilbur's, and Salem will ferry some more belongings over once she arrives at their apartment to house and cat-sit while Clara and Wilbur are away. They gave her their spare key.

"Okay, the car is scheduled to come in three minutes!" Wilbur hurriedly tells Clara, making her wince before running to the bathroom.

Wilbur has rolled out his suitcase near the front and now disappears to do the same for Clara's things.