Chapter Twenty-One

[REAL LIFE]

"GET AWAY FROM ME!" George shouts, sprinting to his room, and flopping on the bed. He turns on his back to see Clara approaching ominously.

"You can't run from me, George." She calls eerily. Her voice echoes down the hallway.

"Please, don't do this!" He begs.

"Just a few hairs, George. It won't hurt." Clara pops into the room with a grin. "Found you!"

George shakes his head aggressively.

"I have a family."

"They'll thank me." She strides towards him, strip in her hand, ready to be put to use.

He gasps at the sight and tries to crawl backward on his bed but it's no use.

"This will be good for you." Clara drops onto the bed with him, and grabs his face, carefully sticking the strip between his brows.

He scrunches up his nose and tries to fight her, but he knows he's lost this battle.

She smooths it down with satisfaction, making sure it's placed right before yanking it off with sadistic joy.

George screams overdramatically, hand flying to the space she's just waxed, wounded look on his face.

"How dare you?" He says, appalled.

"Congrats, now you have two eyebrows!" Clara claps her hands together with excitement after setting the used strip down on his bed.

George rubs at his reddening skin with a frown.

"You're oily. Come on."

She takes his hand, and yanks him up, dragging him to her bathroom.

He groans as she does it, throwing his head back.

"I don't want to goooo," he complains.

"Oh stop being a little bitch, I'm helping."

George huffs and closes his mouth, but lets her lead him.

Clara pulls one of her two fuzzy headbands from a hook, and passes it to George, gesturing for him to put it on. He raises an eyebrow, but with a glare from Clara, does it. He pushes it back slightly so that his face will truly be exposed.

"Wash your face," she commands, and he obliges, turning on the warm water. While he does that, Clara grabs a tube from the many products lining her sink and opens it up.

She squeezes some onto her left palm and grabs a freshly cleaned brush from a little cup. George dries his face on her towel and then awaits further direction.

"Close your eyes and face me."

He does so, and she picks up some of the face mask with the brush, pursuing her lips before beginning to apply it to his face. George gasps upon impact and then smiles slightly at the feeling.

"This tickles!" He grumbles for a moment. But then, his face splits into a grin. "But also... feels really nice."

"I know right? But stop smiling like an idiot, I can't apply it with the creases."

He follows instructions, and Clara concentrates on getting it all over his face, making sure to not miss any spots. When she does his upper lip, his nose twitches, and for a moment she worries he'll sneeze in her face.

She finishes up and goes to wash the brush, making sure that no mask remains.

"Okay, you can open your eyes."