Chapter Thirty-Two

[REAL LIFE]

"Yes, yes, I know you've missed me," Clara smirks at the chat, watching the loving comments fly by as the viewers notice who's on the screen.

"No one missed you," Sapnap grumbles, voice crackling through the discord call.

Clara ignores him dutifully, continuing. "But I'm back and better than ever, and today I'll be making sure that George doesn't burn down our house."

"An important task for sure," Dream adds on.

"Hey, I'm very self-sufficient," George complains.

"I literally have not seen you touch the stove once since we moved in. Without me, you'd be living off takeout and I'm sure of it."

"Should we take notes, professor?" Sapnap jokes in a stately tone.

"If you so please," Clara replies. "Right, so we're making cinnamon apple cake."

Dream snorts. "That sounds intense."

"And delicious," Sapnap moans. "Can you mail some over when you're done?"

"Oh sureeee, the mold will make it taste even better," Clara responds snarkily. "Okay step one is to gather the ingredients and materials. George, I'll read out the stuff we need and you go get them. First, flour."

George freezes, eyes scanning left and right desperately. Clara puts a hand on her hip and glares at him.

"Do you not know where the fucking flour is?"

"No! I do! I just... uh, yeah I do. It's obviously innnn this cupboard!" George yanks open a cupboard right above Clara's head, revealing an assortment of tea. "Oh uh, I meanttt this cupboard!" He reaches down to pull another one open, and it opens to show an assortment of drawers. "Which is actually just a bunch of drawers...?"

"Those are the spice and seasoning drawers," Clara groans, reaching over and slamming the cabinet door shut, making George pull his hand back fast to avoid getting his fingers smashed. "This is sad."

"And sexist," Sapnap comments.

"Yes! And sexist!" Clara emphasizes. She turns back to chat. "Can you believe this? He makes the woman cook so much that he doesn't even know where the damn flour is in his house!"

"No chat! I swear I cook sometimes I just... forgot?"

"You sound unsure about that George," Dream teases.

The VC call dings loudly with someone's entrance, and cackling fills the call.

George frowns and checks who it is. Once he reads the name, his unamused expression only lengthens further.

"Shut uppp Karl!"

Discord makes another sound, and a mocking fake British accent fills the air.

"Oooo George hates women, George hates women!"

"Thank you, Karl and Quackity. I appreciate you stepping in to defend my honor," Clara huffs, staring daggers at her friend. "Well?"

George scratches his head, ashamed. "Can-Can you help me find the ingredients, 'lara?"

"Please."

"Can you please help me find the ingredients, 'lara?"

"And now he's asking you to do his work for him! What is this, the 1850s?" Karl questions through a laugh.