Chapter Thirty-Three

[TWITTER]

lovejoy updates! | LVJYupdating

Lovejoy's first official EP titled "Are You Alright?" has dropped on all platforms! There are four songs: Taunt, One Day, Sex Sells, and Cause for Concern. Check it out now!

[REAL LIFE]

"Woooo!" Clara cheers loudly, bouncing up and down on her bed, jostling the laptop she's calling Wilbur from. She switched to the evening shift just so she could be somewhat with him when it dropped.

Wilbur brushes profusely, hiding his face in his hands. His band's first piece of music together has just been released, and he's lying in bed, face timing Clara Oakworth instead of out with his mates. And the truth is... he couldn't be happier.

"Lovejoy's first EP is out to the world! Oh, this is so exciting! You're gonna top all the charts, and you'll be forced to make more music, which means I'll get to hear your voice even more!" Clara woos once more, before settling down, leaning up against her pillows.

"Got to tell you, it's a crazy feeling. I mean, I've wanted to be in a band for like what, two years? Well, here we are, showing what we can do to the world. It's mental, really." Wilbur shakes his head, still not having a full grasp on the entire thing.

"I'm so proud darling. Your hard work can finally pay off." Clara smirks at him. "Obviously, only when I can hear it though."

"Right. No other opinions matter to me. Just yours," Wilbur responds playfully. He's not even sure if he's kidding.

"Shareplay, shareplay." Clara chants.

Wilbur does it obediently. "Well you've already heard Taunt so-"

"-so? Play it again! In fact, let's watch the video, make sure I can see your screen." She claps her hands together excitedly, snuggling up in bed with her quilt, laptop balancing on her thighs.

Wilbur is frozen for a moment, slightly shocked that she wants to relisten to something that not only has she heard, but she's also filmed for. He thought she would be tired of hearing him say the same old lyrics again. Wilbur shares his screen, and can't help but bring a nail to his lips, biting gently. He presses play.

The first shot is an eerie zoom-out of George, that presents the band and song name in writing as well as a voiceover. Immediately it's an overload of colours and motion as there are multiple cuts. Clara can quickly comprehend all the bandmates but Mark, standing around George pretending to play instruments. Then there are a few solo shots, concluding with Ash standing backed into a corner, facing the wall. The first little guitar riff kicks in, and the next set of cuts follows, again beginning with a group, each of them holding guitars.

Clara remembers watching them film this section, Mark directing to swap people out, bring others in, and instructing the use of what instruments for who and how.

There are a few shots of Wilbur lazily strumming at a guitar, circling George in a low crouching position. At the next guitar riff, Wilbur disappears abruptly, leaving George alone sitting in the chair, still unmoving.

Then it's just Joe and Ash, casually playing some instruments, as Wilbur's edited-in face pops up from the bottom near the lyrics.

"She's always asking 'Am I alright?'"

Wilbur aggressively shakes Ash's hand before there's another cut of the three men playing guitar. Some solo shots are seen as the music continues.

"And yes you always do that one thing."