chapter sixty seven

a u t h o r

Blood dripped form his lips to the floor as he panted loudly, gazing at the body lying down on the floor. He didn't show any remorse or regret, but he didn't feel any satisfaction either.

Namjoon tries to get up on his knees, holding his hip with one arm. He coughed blood, feeling his chest tightening even more. He feels the world around his falling apart. He doesn't have any solution left, he doesn't know what to do anymore.

"Leave," Eun Woo commanded going on his knees, taking a paper out of his pocket to put it in Namjoon's sweater.

"Is this the life you wanted?" Namjoon started, finally getting up on his feet. "I once thought to bring  you back because you promised us to not do it again but when I saw you doing it again, I've realized that your a man that can't even keep promises, so I gave up."

Eun Woo ignored him, turning around, walking further from him. He closed his eyes, pressing his fingers in the corners of his eyes, feeling tears coming out without his command.

He never wanted this life. All he ever did, sacrificed, was to get his 'family' in a better environment. It turns out that will never happen.

"Before I leave, I wanted you to know that your doings almost killed Naeun," Namjoon recalled, memories flooding in his mind. "And your daughter."

Eun Woo turned around so quickly that his neck might even broke at the speed. He marched towards his ex-best friend, grasping his shoulders with so much force that it pained Namjoon. He was so tired that he might as well go on his knees to talk.

Namjoon looks at the man in front him, taken by surprised when he saw tears and shock on his face.

"I have a daughter?" His words left his mouth as each word stabbed his heart.

Moments later, they both stopped their movements to listen a noise, resembling so much like a bunch of cars arriving. Eun Woo lets go of Namjoon, finger pointing at him, saying that he will see his daughter and that Namjoon's the one who's going to tell where she is. He ran as his men covered him to bring him somewhere else.

Namjoon dropped on his knees once again, relived that guy didn't do any thing else to him. Not only Eun Woo got stronger, but he became a stranger.

His wandered around, noticing that this place haven't changed a single bit. It just became human dump to torture and to kill. He wondered where they send Taehyung and Y/n. All he knew was that this won't end well.

He felt arms wrapped around him when he glanced behind to see Jungkook, eyebrows crashing together and his lips pressed together. Namjoon took the note that Eun Woo left him before giving it to him.

The men dragged Namjoon to the car as Jungkook read the note in complete silent. His heartbeat increased, his lips quivered when he realized what's going to happen.

He walked inside the house, going in one specific room that was indicated in the note. There was two computers, a mic and a headphone. He waited, putting the headphones, until something happened. The only thing he could feel was nervousness and fear. He never felt that in his entire life. Fear was the last thing on his list.

Jungkook has never dreamed of having a dilemma in his life. He always had several choices but never in between. He has never hesitated once, then this shouldn't be a problem right?

The light of the screens suddenly blinded him to look. Squinting his eyes, he looks through his fingers as one screen showed his love and the other his best friend, tied in a chair.

Y/n was fine, just her eyes were red and her eyes bags got worse. Taehyung's head hanged low as he tired to shake his head to stay awake.

"Jungkook, the time has come really quickly, I really didn't expect that," Eun Woo cheered through the headphones.

"Can you fucking stop this child's play? Is this some kind of joke to you?"

Eun Woo stayed silent for moment before eventually laughing quietly, but this time he faked it. He was getting bored of his life.

"Let's get this over with," He suggested. Jungkook couldn't hear a thing, not a breath, not a movement. That stressed him out, thinking that this was a pre recorded video and they might be dead.

"Taehyung, Y/n?"

Their eyes snapped, gazing everywhere expect the camera in front of them. Y/n started to sob, shaking her head. Jungkook tried to calm her down but it only made her more upset.

"Choose me, Jungkook, choose me," Y/n repeated her words like she had gone crazy. Jungkook held the computer screen, scanning her words carefully. "He's making you choose between me and Taehyung."

Jungkook held his breath in, covering his mouth with his hand, staring at the screens in front of him. No wonder that Eun Woo took two of the most important person in Jungkook's life. This should've been in his mind, he could've avoided it if he was in the car with Y/n. He could've avoided this if he was more open and friendly with Taehyung. None of this would've happen if he has done these mistakes.

"Y/n, you have nothing to do with this. I'll tell Eun Woo myself to kill me. Jungkook don't blame yourself for this, we knew that something like this would happen in our life," Taehyung said, pain swallowing him slowly.

"You don't fucking say that, this is my fault. I'll figure it out a way to get you—"

He stopped talking when he heard a time ticking in the corner of the table. Taking the timer in his hand, there was only three minutes that started to fade away.

"Jungkook, let me say something before the time is done," Taehyung smiled to the screen as Jungkook saw Taehyung's face with bruises and his eyes losing energy. It was the first time he saw Taehyung's face soften when he talked to him. "I never loved Y/n romantically. I... I always loved you, Jungkook. Ever since you took me in your house, even though we were always arguing, I always admired you from afar. I never hated you and everything I did was for you, I stayed because of you, I did some bad shit because I wanted you to notice me, in any way. But I knew deep down in me that us can never happen because there was someone else that caught your eye. She was definitely worth to risk your life and I really hope that you will spend your life with her instead of continuing with what we were always doing. I don't want something like this to happen to your kids or anyone else. Please, Jungkook, let me do one last thing for you so I can leave in peace."

Jungkook couldn't even blink, tears were running down his cheeks like rain was pouring tonight. He touched the screen, sobbing this time. He couldn't keep his voice to himself anymore. Glancing to the timer, 10 seconds remained. Y/n lost her energy, she kept mumbling incoherent words, looking at the screen, she's probably looking at Taehyung too.

"Thank you for being part of my life."

The timer stopped, silence rushed in. Jungkook fell down on his knees, as fire replaced Taehyung's smile. Jungkook held on the computer like he was still there. He could hear his voice ringing in the cold room.

Jungkook continued to cry his soul out, trying to see if there was anything on the screen, but it was just blank. Nothing but Y/n on the chair, head hanging low. Tears finally stopped, his eyes started ringing and his throat became dry. He whispered Taehyung's name on the mic, wanting to hear his voice again. But it still remained silent.

Closing his eyes, he let his body fall on the ground, whispering his best friend's name.