Chapter three

• Dedicated to I forgot who made this cover for me.

“Ew!” June screamed at some guy who had a shovel. The guy looked over startled. He dropped the shovel and ran for the hills. We all laughed. For some reason some people like doing things with dead people. Either the guy was going to go grave robbing or he wanted her dead virginity. Either way you shouldn't disturb the dead.

We ventured further into the old cemetery. Cob webs filled up the oldest part of it. Tomb stone's were bent over and had wrinkles. Age has worn them down. Tree roots rooted and hug tombs to them. Twigs and dead leaves wildly populated the area. Fog silently crept in swerving threw the small amount of trees. We ventured further still, deeper, into the old cemetery. Fog grew thicker and to our waist. Tree's becoming even more scares than before. We finally came upon the oldest and largest crypt.

My friend Brian used all his muscle to push open the door. The stone wall creaked and cracked. It slowly opened to reveal the inside. Luckily earlier today the boys had come to check out of it was okay and animal free. All we had to worry about was spiders. We walked in timidly two by two. I linked arms with Jason and sneaked in threw in the gap. My first sniff of the place made me sneeze. Dust floated up and clouded the air making many others sneeze. They all groaned and called out my name. I laughed a little embarrassed and said sorry.

We walked in deeper so that the room could accommodate everyone. Two of the boys closed the doors as everyone else started to light the candles that were already in the candle holders on the wall. Two people in the front, in the back, and in the middle grabbed the lanterns and lit them. With there being 12 of us we had to stick close and do the buddy system.

This was one of the biggest crypts only because it had a hall way above ground before it led you underground. Skeletons lined the wall. Some looked as if they were screaming for help. Others stood against the wall with weapons in their hands like soldiers. It creeped me out and eerily reminded me of my dream. I left Jason's side and went to trade with George who was walking with Dalia.

Walking beside Dalia made me fell a little more calm. Probably because I knew she was more freaked out than me. “I dreamt about her again last night.”

“About who? That weird teen age girl with blonde hair and blue eyes? The one who sings some weird demented lullaby?” She asked relaxing a little.

“Yeah. Only it was different. You know how it's usually like I'm watching from beside her or above her?” She nodded her head. “This time I was looking up at her. I think she was rocking me because everything seemed to sway. The sun was setting but it was still bright outside and she was smiling down at me.”

She looked at me mystified. “That's the first time. Isn't it usually mid-night or just night time in your dreams about her?” I nodded my head. “Weird.” She said as we came to a stop.

We were in the middle of the crypt. The room opened up wide here. From what the rumors in town say the room should be a circle but in the dim light we couldn't really see. The people carrying the lanterns set them down. The rest opened up the bags they had been carrying. Glass clanked and liquid swished. After we each had a drink we all stayed quite.

“We here in the crypt of the Henderson family. I'm not sure about all of you but I'm really hoping the Henderson family will come out and play. Stories say they knew how to throw a good party and since it's Psyche's 16 birthday it should be crazy and exiting. Just like her.” I smiled. Psyche was my middle name. My mother went threw an astrology and Greek mythology phase.

Psyche was a mortal princess who was blessed with godly beauty. Everyone loved her. Aphrodite, the goddess of love, heard about it and was displeased. She sent her son Eros, the god of love or cupid, to shoot her with one of his arrows to make her fall in love with the most hideous disgusting creature he could find. Only when Ero's set his eyes on her he fell in love. Instead of doing what his mother said he took her to a castle in the sky. He told her that as long as she never tried to see his face they could always be together. As time went by Psyche became less happy and more depressed. She missed her sisters. After much begging Ero's finally brought her sister's to come see her. Her sister's questioned her mysterious lover. Psyche did not want her sisters to know she did not know what her husband looked like but they found out because of her inconsistency. They told her that she needed to see the face if it was her husband. They told her that when she went to sleep to light a candle and grab a dagger. So that night she did as her sister's said and peeked at her husbands face. She saw Ero's, the god of love. She accidentally let a drop of candle wax fall onto his shoulder and he awoke.

After that they split up and Ero's mother heard of everything. She was mad because she though mortal's weren't up to level with gods so she made Psyche go threw many trials. Not only did Aphrodite not know that Ero's was still secretly watching over Psyche but she didn't either. After some time Zeus finally decided they had showed how much they loved each other and had turned the mortal princess into an immortal.

My mother said she named me that because I was going to go threw many hard trials and there was always going to be someone secretly watching over me. She also said that when I found my soul mate I would know. He would be handsome and take care of me when the time is needed. She told me our bond would be ever lasting and as deep as the sea.

“Psyche.” Michael called out to me. I looked up at him unaware of the conversations that had erupted while I thought. “You know people used to get married really young back in the day.” He smirked.

“Yeah! Maybe Ero's will come take you away!” Ruth said while jumping into the air and being caught by Michael.

“Hahaha. Very funny.” They laughed which made me laugh.

“To any which way!” Brian lifted up his bottle into the air. “Congratulates on turning 16....your highness.” He laughed and dipped into a bow. I laughed straightening up and nodding my head in his direction. Everyone else bowed to me and I repeated the process. We cheered and drank.

We broke off into separated conversations. I was talking with Jason, Brian and Laysha when I heard a voice. In the far off distance I heard a smooth familiar voice. Wanting to be brave I excused my self from the conversation and set my bottle down. I grabbed a lantern and walked into the darkness letting the disembodied voice lead me.