Chapter eleven

I excused my self from the table picking up my plate and cup. A huge sharp painful headache evaded my mind. I went to put the glass cup in the sink before my muscles flexed making me drop the cup. I saw it land and break into pieces but I didn’t hear the sharp crack. I heard CT.

“Even if this wasn’t how things were supposed to happen it’s happening. We can’t stop it. We just have to speed up everything.”

“How can we even be sure it’s your sister? What about all the changes to her appearance?” Dion spoke.

“What does that matter? You know it’s her. You can feel it in the pit of your stomach.” CT replied.

The kitchen quickly became replaced by the living room at Dion’s house. Dion stood by the window’s wearing a tight black shirt that hugged his muscles. I watched his muscles flex under his shirt as he transferred all his weight onto the wall. He crossed his arms across his chest stubbornly. He crossed his legs that were covered in light wash denim jeans and his feet covered in heavy black work boots. His hair was obviously undone but alluring. He shook a piece of stubborn hair out of his eye and returned to glaring at my brother, CT.

“She could just be insane and we could just have eaten bad food. There’s nothing that proves that’s her.”

“Nothing?” CT said raising his voice in disbelief. He stood up off the couch making his basketball shorts swish. “She knew what happened the day I was almost killed. She knew the song our mother sung to us. She has dreams of our mother. What more do you need?”

“A lot more!” Dion screamed at CT. He continued coldly and harshly. “This girl, you sister, can either help kill every single being on the face of the plant or she could save everyone. Every bodies lives rest on her hands. I don’t want to put all my hope on some girl and then find out when it’s too late that she wasn’t the right girl. You don’t think I want her to be your sister? I do! I really wish she was. Still I need more evidence.”

“So you want to wait and continue watching her? See if she has any more powers?” Mat asked him calmly. Mat looked at his watch, which said it was five after five.

“Yes. We saw two night’s ago that she had a bad dream. If we can just find out what that was….”

“Why do we care what she dreamt about?” A boy I didn’t know asked.

Dion sighed frustrated. “The prophecy said the sister of Clotho and Metis will see time. The past, present, and future will be of no surprise. One look at you and she’ll have known how you die. One look at you and she’ll know your lies. The face of an innocent but the power of a god. I’m not sure exactly how it goes but that’s some of it.”

“So she can see past, present and future and she can tell when your lying? I don’t see how that makes her so powerful.” The boy I didn’t know said.

“She has powers of gods. I think there was something about raising the dead, too.” CT shrugged. “She supposed to have loads of powers. Some of which we won’t know until they happen.”

“The prophecy has come true so far. I don’t doubt it. Psyche is an important asset to the up and coming war. We have no chance of winning with out her. We can only hope that everything continues as we planned and no harm comes to her loved ones. We also should probably keep her in the loop. We have to remember if we so much as betray her even once the chance of her switching to the other side will become more likely. If she switches sides….” Dion paused. “If she switches sides all hope for life is done. If she switches we have absolutely no hope of winning this war.”

Suddenly I was back in my kitchen. I was screaming and clutching my head. I felt as if someone was pounding my head with a hammer. I sat up from my fetal position as the pain subsided. The father was in front of me asking if I was okay. I unconsciously nodded my head. He and my mother helped me to my feet. My mom gave me a glass of water. They asked me what happened and I wanted to tell them but I replied by simple stating that I had a headache. My mother helped me up the stairs and into my room because I could barely keep my self upright. I laid down with a heavy groan.

It was pretty obvious that I was their sister, if everything they said was true. Also the time. This time I didn’t see the past but the present. Does that mean my dream two nights ago was the future? Wait… Didn’t Dion say he saw me have a bad dream two night’s ago? That would mean he was watching me from the tree line. That little…. He also said something about a prophecy and me being the end of all humanity. They also spoke about powers. Were more powers going to be coming to me?

I need answers and I wasn’t going to get them lying around at home. I was going to have to go to them. If what I saw was really the future I have to do something about. I can’t let what I saw happen. I won’t let it happen.