Epilogue: An ending only means there's a new beginning.

“What happened?” CT pushing Dion out the way. He got down on his knees and cradled his sister in his arms. Mat and CT hadn’t had a long time to get to know their sister but they loved her. CT more than Mat. It might be because CT had always been the little brother and never had to worry about Mat that when he finally got the chance to be the big brother, he loved it. He loved having Psyche take care of him and helping out and he loved helping her.

            CT touched her wound gingerly. “CT get away.” Mat said getting down beside CT.

            “We have to do something. She’ll die if we don’t.”

            “Don’t let her leave!” Dion shouted. He was the first to arrive on the scene. He heard Psyche call him and was on his way, at human speed, until he smelled her blood. CT, Mat, and everyone else were close behind but he saw her limp body first. He could still hear her heartbeat but it was faint and slow. Then suddenly some sort of energy flew out of her body and sent a couple people flying, and her heart stopped beating.

            A sudden growl lit up the room and the girl that was pretending to be Dalia was tackled into the wall by CT. “Who are you?”

            “Your sister knows who I am.” She smiled. “My names Jessica.”

            “Why did you kill her?” Mat asked stepping closer. He was stiff and everyone could see he was trying hard to control his anger.

            “She had to die. It had to happen.” A low furious growl came from Mat’s throat.

            Suddenly CT was thrown off Jessica and into the wall on the other side of the room.

            “Leave her alone.” A blue mist appeared and out of it came Phoenix. They boys who had met him had hope. He had saved Psyche’s life last time she almost died.

            “Phoenix, you have to save her life. This girl-”

            CT didn’t get a chance to finish his sentence. “I know she did. Just leave Psyche to me.” CT smiled with his eyes shining brilliantly. “I’ll take care of her body. We can’t leave it here.” CT’s smile went down a little but he was still smiling. It looked like the smile of a hopelessly crazy man.

            “What do you mean?” CT’s eyes were unfocused as he asked.

            “I mean she’s dead.” He walked over to Psyche’s body and picked her up bridal style. Behind him Jessica followed silently. “There’s nothing I can do.”

            “No, but you saved her last time.”

            “Last time her heart was still beating.”

            The blue mist glowed around Phoenix, Psyche and Jessica. “I also feel I should tell you something. Psyche is not actually your sister that’s why she looks different. Your real sister was going to be a still born, so Psyche’s father gave your mother visions. When your mother went into labor I was there and so were Psyche’s father, mother and nurse. We switched your real sister with Psyche. We figured you boys wouldn’t mind switching your dead baby sister for baby sister that can actually breathe.” He nodded his head to Jessica who pulled out a photograph from her pocket. She opened it up and threw it at Mat’s feet. “If you don’t believe us look for yourself.