chapter 33

One week later….

            “Old Macdonald had a farm, E-I-E-I-O, And on his farm he had a wolf E-I-E-I-O, With a…” I looked grumpily over at Jacob. He glared before sighing. “With a..”

             "Woo" Jacob used his wolf howl.

            “Here and a..”

            "Woo”

            "There, Here a..”

            "Woo"

            “There a…”

            "Woo”

            “Everywhere a….”

            “Woo.”

            “Old Macdonald had a farm, E-I-E-I-O” I sang happily putting some home grown vegetables into the basket.

            “We were worried for a week and we find you here happily singing off with a group of unknown people?” A voice said behind me obviously infuriated. I stiffened. I felt my eyes go wind very slowly and I turned around. Behind me was…well…. Almost everyone from the house. Instead of going weak and apologizing like I probably should have I got angry.

            “Didn’t I tell you not to follow me?” I asked too mad to even defend my new friends, or even introduce them.

            “We…” CT began before I shushed him. “What..” He began again I shushed him again and glared at him. He seemed a tad nerved and uncomfortable under my glare. I closed my eyes and focused. I could so clearly feel them. They were close.

            “You were followed.” I breathed out completely shocked and afraid. I dropped the basket as Edward appeared by my side. Uiara was in snake form so I quickly grabbed her from the floor and draped her around my neck. “Jacob and Freya go back home. Meet us at the UCave.” Edward got down in front of me and I climbed on his back wrapping my arms around his neck. Jacob and Freya flashed away. Edward wrapped his arms on my legs and Uiara wrapped herself around both of us. “The rest of you follow us.” As soon as I finished my sentence Edward was off.

            He was running at full speed. I turned my head to see if the others were following and gladly they were. The forest was but a blur. Blurs of dark green and light green, dirt and rocks, and twigs and trees. Before I even had a chance to process what I was looking at the scenery had already changed.

            “Why are we running?” Dion asked suddenly beside us. I turned my head in his direction.

            “Black eyed people.” Was all I said. He could obviously see how terrified I was and vice versa.

            Edward suddenly came to an abrupt halt. He told everyone to stop. We only had to wait a few seconds when suddenly Freya, Kyra, and Jacob were in front of us. I opened my mouth before Kyra could ask. It was a small breathing device that went into your mouth and gave you oxygen. Sometimes divers use it when they aren’t going really deep in the water. It’s supposed to give you an hour worth of oxygen but because I’ve used it a lot during practice I don’t know how much oxygen is in it. Just as it set in my mouth Uiara jumped off Edward and I and dived into the water. This was a river. Uiara had found it and kept it as a secret hiding place, mainly because it’s rather difficult for anyone but people who didn’t have to breath and could see underwater to get through.

            I took the piece out of my mouth. “Be the last one okay? You’re the fastest swimmer here and I think Jacobs going to need some help doggy paddling,” I said smirking than it dropped when I realized it wasn’t just us anymore “along with others.” I put the little breathing thing back in my mouth.