Chapter 36

“You girls don’t mind right?” I asked already tossing the rug aside. “Journal.” I stuck out my hand as Edward took it out his pocket. Once I had it I opened it up and searched for the page. I turned back to Edward, “Cha-” Was all I managed to get out when I realized he already had the white chalk out. He smirked and I smiled.

            I got down on my knees and grew a circle and then as if I was drawing a sun drew the ring of sun beams that floated around the circle. After that was done I made another much larger circle around it and put the proper symbols. Once it was finished I stood up and brought one of the less pretty, to my eyes, chair and put it in the center of the circles. Smiling down at the journal I murmured the spell.

            “Let’s hope she’s not indisposed at the moment.” I knew very well she was which only made this that much funnier.

            The room was so silent you could hear the dust drop. They had begun to doubt me. Even Freya who had saved my life that first day I met the group. They were disappointed in me and I in them but I didn’t let it show.

            “Don’t throw me over the bridge yet.” I smiled at grabbed a large blanket off the couch nearby. As I came back to stand in front of the circles the sound of a powder bomb filled the room. The room was full of growls and hisses and magical balls of light. They were angry that the room was full of powder blocking their sight. I could still see though, a little hazy but I could clearly see her sitting on the chair looking around and hissing.

            “Who the hell is that?”

“What’s that scent?”

“What the hell is this?”

“I know that smell.” There was a growl that made me chuckle.

“I believe only we two have the privilege of knowing you, Crow.” I stepped closer and threw her the blanket. “Shall I introduce to you my friends?” I asked as the powder cleared up. A hiss went off again. “Don’t. Cobra if you go near the circle you’ll get stick inside it with her.” She growled and came to sudden halt in front of the circle, next to me. “I think I’ll introduce you to my brothers. This is Metis, or rather Mat,” I said holding out my hand to one side were he appeared. “This is Clotho or CT.” CT appeared on my other side. “And of course you remember the man who spoiled your plans, Dion.” Dion took careful steps but only came to rest directly behind me.

            “And you remember us don’t you? The girls you killed.” Cobra’s voice was full of nothing but malic.

            “Apparently I should have made sure you were dead.”

            “Apparently you don’t know what I’m capable of.” I mocked.

            “What you’re going to tell me you saved her and yourself?” She laughed.

            “I’m telling you you’re going to die in a few.” I stepped forward so I was just inches from the outside circle. I pulled out the chalk again and in the air I drew a line. Crow cried out in pain. I did it again this time making it a longer line. She cried out and withered. “I always wanted to try this.” I whispered seductively getting close to the outer circle. It was like an invisible glass cylinder holding crow in the middle. I was able to put all my weight on it as I spoke. “Sadly all the vampire’s I know are friends.” I whispered, loud enough for most to hear. Everyone looked around nervously probably sensing something wrong in the air, something wrong coming from me.

            “I’m sure they’d let you experiment on them.” She said panting.

            I smiled greedily. “that’s what you and your boyfriend are for.”

            “Boyfriend?”

            “Yeah you know, that mutt you were just pinning to the bed moments ago. He’s on his way here… with no back up.” I laughed out loud throwing my head back. Something’s wrong.

            So very wrong.

            Precautions.

            Damn. I used too much of my powers without rest.

            If I continue like this….

            “Someone’s coming. Cobra you want to torture her for a few minutes?” I asked already tossing her the chalk.

            “What do I do with it?” She asked holding the chalk like a foreign object.

            “Just hold it up and tell it what you want.” I would have to fuel the chalk since she has no magical abilities.

            “Skinner.” I called out playfully. “Where are you?” I knew where he was. He was upstairs hiding behind the living room door. He was hoping someone would go upstairs. I was getting impatient. “Skinner.” I yelled forcefully. “I know your there. I can hear you breathing.”