Chapter 37

vote & comment 

He came down the stairs slowly. I could hear Crow scream and Skinners eyes flashed towards her. I watched him moving, making his way down stairs at super speed and coming for me, but I didn’t stop him or move out the way. I wanted him to grab me.

            “Let her go.” He spoke to crowd of people; he didn’t think it was me. It got me mad. Did no one think I was capable of doing this?

            “I don’t think so.” I said grinding my teeth together. Using my powers I flung Skinner back so hard he made a dent in the wall. He looked up at me shocked. “Looks like you just got your girlfriend killed.” I smiled as Crow started screaming a horridly piercing scream. I didn’t know how I was doing it; it was like a reflex, something I just knew. So not good, not good at all.

            I couldn’t deny the voice in my head. It was right. I need to stop using my powers.

Well it’s fine since you’re in a room of comrades.

            Who haven’t even moved from their spots or came to your rescue.

            Your right.

            Are they on my side anymore?

            I heard a whisper that made me freeze. “He’s not a normal wolf.”

            Slowly my gaze came up to meet Skinner’s torn eyes. I took careful slow steps to him. He watched me never moving a muscle or twitching. He lost his reason for fighting, he lost Crow. I pushed myself into his chest and smelt his skin. It was such a beautiful alluring smell. “You’re like me.” If possible he stiffened further. “You have powers.”

            This time I hadn’t seen it coming I was thrown against the wall on the far side of the room and held up by magic, Skinners magic. The fact that he got the upper hand pissed me off. It lighted a flame so deep within my soul it actually hurt. I heard a collective gasp but didn’t care. Using my powers I pushed Skinner to the circle. The circle could burn vampires and werewolves. I had surpassed him so much that his powers weakened considerably and gravity became the supreme ruler over me once again. Gladly Edward caught me and set me to the ground. Without stopping I walked to Skinner’s side.

            “Liamlord will never let you forget this. My family will take revenge.” He was trying not to scream out. The moment his skin came in contact with the invisible glass cylinder his skin burned and crumbled into ashes.

            “Liamlord?” I knew that name. “I have a secret to tell you.” I got up on my tippy toes and whispered so low in his ear no one but us could hear. “I’ll miss you, cousin.” He was my cousin, not CT’s, not Mat’s, and not Dion’s. He was my cousin, house of Liam. I was Liamword and he was Liamlord. His eyes bulged and he wanted to speak but it was too late, his body had been burned by invisible flames and his ashes fell to the ground at my feet.

            I back away. “Well that was no fun.”

            “Psyche.” Dion said in an urgent voice but I didn’t turn back only continued to look at the ashes. My eyes felt weird almost like they were on fire yet numb at the same time. Dion called my name again, this time I looked back. He froze when he looked into my eyes.

            “Your eyes.” CT was shocked and almost terrified.

            “I quite like it actually.” I said looking into a mirror close by. My normally black eyes were now a vibrant lilac.

Just incase this was a little confusing the italic 'conversation' in the begging when she's talking about having to stop using her powers it's actually her talking to herself. Since she can think multiple thoughts at once she asked herself questions and answered them herself, as if she were talking to someone else. Basically she was having a conversation with her self. 

 Can you believe this is the second to the last chapter? One more and it's over!!! I feel like i've been writing this since forever! :]

Vote Comment Fan