chapter twelve

vote&&comment pleaseeee :]

I took a good long shower and washed my hair. I dressed in my boyfriends long black button up. It came down a little higher than mid-thigh but I wore it as a dress. I paired it with my brown gladiator heels. I put on my mascara and a little but of eye liner. I grabbed my favorite watermelon lip gloss and put some on. I threw a couple things into my rugged messenger bag before picking it up and leaving my room. I took the stairs by two forgetting to be quite and grabbed the car keys off the hook by the door.

I drove to the Dion’s house all the while contemplating what I would say. When I got there the light’s were still on even though it was five thirty in the morning. I let the car idle for a while before gaining enough confidence to shut it off and climb out the car. I walked to the door reminding myself every step to breath and step forward. When I reached the porch I hesitated but continued. I rang the bell and silently prayed no one heard it so I had an excuse to go home.

Sadly that didn’t happen. The door opened up reveling a very handsome man. He looked at me completely shocked. He looked up and down at me before smirking. “How can I help you?”

“Are my brother’s and Dion here?” I asked quietly. The boy nodded his head and gestured for me to come inside. I stood to the side so he could close the door. I followed him down the long hall. He walked swiftly and I had to fast walk to keep up with him. The clicking of my heels against the polished floor was the only noise. I followed the boy as he turned into the living room I was in before. Every one in the room already had their eyes on the doorway when I stepped in. They all looked at me shocked.

“Sit down.” Mat said gesturing to the couch opposite him. The only empty room was between three boys. I hesitated. “Who’s shirt are you wearing?”

I cleared my throat and started walking towards the couch. “My boyfriends.” I said as I sat down between two muscular boys.

“Your boyfriends? It wasn’t that Brian kid from the cemetery was it?” CT asked.

“Uh.. No. My boyfriends in training for the army in Texas.”

“Meaning he’s eighteen? He’s too old for you.”

“No he’s not.” I retorted defensively. “Anyways that’s not what I came here to talk about.” I said slightly angry.

“Well what do you want to talk about?” Dion asked looking at me skeptically.

“Look I know you don’t believe that I’m their sister but I am so don’t look at me like that.”

“How do you know I don’t think you’re their sister?”

I sighed frustrated. “Because I had a vision of your conversation earlier around five o’clock.”

“Oh?” Dion said amused. “Then what did we talk about?”

I narrowed my eyes at him but told them anyways. I told then every single thing that I saw in my vision. I told them exactly what they were wearing and where they were standing. I told them about every single movement and every single noise. When I was finished they looked at me disbelievingly.

“Believe me now?” I asked Dion. He slowly nodded his head. “I want answers. What war? Why do I have powers like a god? Why can I be the end of the world or it’s savior?”

Dion sat down. “The super natural world came into existence around the same time humans did. I am talking about way back during cave man times. By the time cave men came around the super natural world was already in it’s tenth generation. Tribes like the Aztecs scarified human beings to us thinking it would make it rain or make the sun come up again the next day. As time went by the Aztecs received a powerful witch. This witch had the most powerful and true fortune telling. She told of a prophecy that would deem the end of all living creatures. The prophecy basically said that a very powerful human woman was going to be born that would have the power to either destroy everything or save it. At the time all species were at peace. There was never any talk about war against were-wolves or vampires. The fairies and the elves got along. Shape-shifters married whom ever they wanted. After the prophecy was foretold thing’s started to crumble. The Aztecs were quickly taken over by the Spaniards. Many other tribes as well were taken over or wiped out. With no one left to praise us we turned against each other. Were-wolves thought they were superior to vampires. These are the only two creatures that can kill each other. The witches thought they were more powerful because they had something we didn’t. So on and so forth. At the beginning everyone had allies but then the allies started to crumble until every species was on their own. The prophecy was forgotten and for many years we remained at war. That was until 158 years ago.

“Your brother, Metis was born. No one in the super natural world knew of him so the war continued. Soon after your second brother, Clotho, was born. Again we knew not of him. Then three years later you were born. The day you were born the world knew of you. The moon was red and the sky held no stars. The wind was fierce and natural disasters happened all over the world. When the sun rose the blue sky was more white than it was blue. Newspapers held news of the end of the world but the super natural beings knew it wasn’t that. That was the first day in over 489 years the King’s and Queen’s of every specie gathered in our very own white house. The prophecy was taken out and reread aloud. Some of the species thought they could take the threat on their own. Other’s allied together. Strange things continued to happen for eight months. Then one day everything stopped. The day after the sun didn’t raise and they sky remained black full of dark clouds.

“It started pouring rain. Streets became flooded, houses were blown away, and trees started to bleed. At the time I had gone off alone and that was when I found your brother clinging to life and your mother dead. After that day everything returned to normal. We expected more horrible things to happen but everything just calmed down. As time past we relaxed. Then suddenly humans started to die from blood loss only there were no wounds on it. Were-wolves started disappearing for weeks and when they returned they weren’t the same. Vampires were killed in their home without a chance to fight. Fairies changed into colors of the elves and died. Mean while elves shrank so small they disappeared. The only thing that was always the same was the stench that radiated from every dead body. Super natural’s were taken over by something and they had to be killed.

“Then humans began to act strangely. Some suddenly received inhuman powers. Their eyes turn black and they wouldn’t die if you broke their spine. No species could take these things on. Again we reconvened and it was decided that we would have to work together to stop what ever was killing everyone, humans and super natural. We began looking for you but we never found you. After a 100 years we gave up. You were meant to be human so you would have been dead by then. Only you weren’t. Fifty years later rain poured down heavily and the sky turned red. We began our search again. And now we’ve finally found you, or rather you’ve found us.”

I stared at Dion as if he had three heads.

Dion chuckled. “I’m guessing you want to go home?’

My mouth gaped. “I.. Um…” I shook my head attempting to clear it. “The prophecy. What’s the prophecy and what’s attacking everyone?”

“We don’t know.”