chapter 16

I groaned as I looked around. I didn’t know where I was but since the last thing I remember was being at the crypt with my brothers I figured they took me to their home. I sat up slowly and threw my legs off the bed. I stumbled a little but I regained my balance. I looked in the mirror and thankful my shirt was still spotless but I could tell they had to wash a section of my leg because my blood fell there. I made my way out the room and down the stairs down the hall. Out the window I could tell it was night time and I realized I didn’t do my homework in detention. The thought made me laugh. Ignoring my bare feet I opened the door to the porch and hoped they had brought my car, which they did. I ran over to it and opened it taking my school bag out. I ran back to the house and closed the door.

“What are you doing?” I gasped as Dion sneaked up behind me.

I leaned against the door and put my hand to my heart. “Don’t scare me like that.”

He glared at me before softening up. “How are you feeling?”

He asked softly. “Well…..” I started before actually taking a second to figure it out. “I have a slight head ache, I’m cold, and I’m hungry.”

He nodded his head before telling me to follow him. He led me to a grand kitchen which was yet again full of boys. He told me to sit down. I sat down across the counter on a stool. He asked me what I wanted and I told him I didn’t really care. After a huff he turned around and stuck his head in the fridge. I put my bag on the table and took out my homework. Looking down at my math homework I really wished I had done my homework at school when I didn’t have a head ache. I groaned and put my head on my work book. Dion gave me a pill and water. I took it gratefully. CT and Mat walked into the room and paused when they saw me. They asked me how I was feeling and I told them the same I told Dion.

“About earlier…. I shouldn‘t have just expected you to leave behind your life…” CT began. He felt guilty and I felt guilty for making him feel guilty.

“About earlier, I’m sorry.” He looked up at me confused. “I shouldn’t have unloaded like that. That was all my problem. It’s all something I have to deal with. I shouldn’t have made you feel guilty for wanting to ignore my emotions and save the world.” I shrugged like it was nothing important. “It’s not your problem to deal with.”

“It maybe be your problem but you don’t have to battle it alone.”

I shook my head. “Your wrong. I do have to battle it alone. My only purpose is taking whatever gets thrown at me and keeping it bottled in while saving the world. Your propose is to help me save the world not to be my shrink. Get your mind out the office and into battle. I don’t think I should have to remind you but you’re my warrior. If I want to talk about my feelings I’ll hire a shrink. Which is convenient seeing as my mothers a shrink and also a witch.”

“Still I am sorry. I didn’t even think about how you might be feeling.”

I groaned. “If you’re so sorry come help me with my homework.” Then I realized they might not go to school. “Wait do you guys even go to school?”

“We all just graduated. Most of us are currently going to college.” I nodded my head as he came to sit by me.

“Here.” Dion said as he put a sandwich next to me. I smiled up at him and said thank you. “So is that where you were all day?” He asked. I looked up at him confused. “School.”

I swallowed. “Yeah. I didn’t even know I had school thanks to you guys. I called Dalia and she said they had fixed the gas line so it was safe to go back.” I shrugged. “I was seriously hoping they wouldn’t have it fixed until next month at least.”

He nodded. “Why did you do to the crypt alone?”

I started munching slowly. I knew they were going to ask that. I swallowed and drank some more water before answering. “Well, I didn’t want to come here and take you all over there only to find out I couldn’t even do it. I didn’t even know what I had to do.”

“What did you do?” CT asked looking away from my homework.

I shrugged. “I asked her to come back to life.” Mince some minor details.

“What did she say?” A boy asked interested. I noticed everyone in the room was looking at me.

“She didn’t say anything.” I lied. I looked at Mat. “She said she doesn’t know about the prophecy. I don’t think she even remembers anything about it. She didn’t even know how she died.”

“So what were you two talking about the whole time?” Dion asked.

I shook my head. “Everything about me. She was curious to know what happened after she died so I told her.”

“She really didn’t know about the prophecy?” He asked again. I shook my head. She said they can’t know.

He let out a rough sigh before leaning against the counter. I felt guilty that I couldn’t tell them what she said. “Sorry.” I said coating my voice with six colors of true guilt. He looked up at me confused. I gave him a small smile before CT called my attention back to my homework.