Chapter 17

“Are your sure it’s today?” Jeff asked. I nodded. “Man.” He said before returning to pacing around the room. I followed him with my eyes feeling extremely sorry. Jeff’s sister is supposed to try to kill me today. I wasn’t sure exactly when it was going to happen I just know it was going to be night time. I had a full day to do anything I wanted as long as by night fall I was back at Dion’s house.

Dion and the others walked back into the room with food. They set it on the table and we all grabbed a take out bag not caring who got what. Dion and Mat sat on either side of me. Dion handed me one of the bags but I shook my head never letting my gaze leave Jeff.

“You know it’s not your fault, Psyche.” He said putting the bag back on the table. Jeff stopped and looked at me. I looked away and at Dion.

“What isn’t?” I asked trying to fake innocence.

He lifted one eyebrow at me. I clicked my tongue and picked up the take out bag taking a huge bite out of the burger. After swallowing it I spoke. “Do you guys always eat take out for breakfast?” I asked. Most of them looked up and at each other before nodding. I shook my head. “You know I was thinking.” I said taking a smaller bite out of my burger. “I should move in.” Everyone’s eyes sharply turned to me. I looked at them innocently. “Well I can’t keep living with my parents. They may be super natural but they aren’t fighting with your guys. Plus I can’t continue sleeping over my friends house. I can’t do a lot with out worrying about people coming to attack me. I figure if I’m here I can give you guys 24 hour up dates on all things…. Psyche.” I said smiling. “And it also means I won’t be putting any one other than the soldiers at risk.” I nodded and took another bite.

“Well yeah…. But incase you haven’t noticed there aren’t any females here.” CT said looking around.

I shrugged my shoulders. “So what. I’ve slept in the same room as 13 guys before. Sure I was drunk and there were other girls around but with you and Mat here” I patted Mat’s shoulder “I’m sure I’ll be fine.”

“She makes a point.” Mat said. Everyone nodded. “You’ll skip school today and move into the empty room upstairs.”

I laughed. “You might be the best brother in the world. Telling me to skip school.” I said shaking my head.

Mat chuckled and continued eating his burger. After we had all finished most of us went out separate ways. Some went to classes, others were returning from them and going to sleep, while most of them went to the messy living room to play video games. Dion, my brothers, Jeff, and I pilled into three cars and went to my house. My parents weren’t home so I didn’t introduce them. I showed them around my house and then took them to my room.

“Not how I pictured it.” Dion said grabbing a randomly thrown stuffed penguin. “I pictured more… pink and white.”

I shrugged. “Yeah? Well apparently I’m anything but normal.” I said smiling. He returned it with a small smile before continuing to look around the room. Mat and Jeff brought up a couple boxes from the car. They helped me pack everything up. I figured when my father saw the empty room he would know I moved in with them still I wrote them a note and stuck it to my door. They made fun of some of my things and complimented me on others. All worries about future killings and such were forgotten. After everything but the clothes were packed Mat said they should start loading the cars. Once they were loaded I told them they could leave and I would take the rest. Jeff and my brothers left leaving Dion and I alone in my house.

“Your nothing like what I expected you to be.” Dion said looking down at my pile of scarves.

“So you said.” I replied taking clothes off the hanger and folding them. He put the scarves into to a box before strolling over to the bulletin board still on the wall.