Chapter 35

“I’ll tell you everything you want to know.” I said walking into the room.

            After my nap I had woken up to arguments coming from down stairs. Everyone wanted to know what had been going on the whole week I was here but Jacob, Edward, Kyra, Uiara and Freya wouldn’t tell them anything. After I had taken a shower and changed into a baby pink doll dress I went down stairs bare foot making no noise.

            Everyone jumped slightly at my entrance. “I thought you were still upstairs.” Dion was surprised.

            “Well, I’m not.” I sat down in the only available spot on the couch. I crossed my legs and sat back. “What do you want to know first?” I asked opening up the journal I had brought down.

            I read as I listened. There are side effects to using your powers that come along with your ‘alter ego‘. These are the same as vampires. Heightened senses. You will also be able to sneak up on vampires even if they are on hyper alert.

            “I’ve been… studying in a way. This past week I’ve been working through the journal learning everything I could. You’ll be happy to know I can control my powers and kill anything that comes after me. Just recently I learned I could be as deadly as a vampire.” I replied disinterested.

            I continued reading. Along with that you also have the same ability as an elf. The ability to think multiple thoughts at once. Multitasking. You’ll be able to think about how your friends are doing, how your training is doing, how to cook a dish, and how to play a prank while doing your homework. Or you could simply think, read, and listen at the same time. So this is how Freya knew I was looking at her and talking about her on the day we meet. She was multitasking; keeping up with the conversation while reading. I looked over at Freya suddenly very interested. I looked into her eyes and for the first time I realized all the different emotions running through her eyes and the set of her jaw. “Just what are you thinking Freya?” She looked over at me but I could the distance in her eyes.

            “What?” She asked confused. I didn’t respond just smile with knowing eyes and turned back to the journal.

            I continued reading while someone asked another question. “I chanted a spell that’s in the journal. I could have restrained them, and I could revive them, but I killed them. I saw no need to keep them alive. Everyone was so terrified I figured you guys would be happy.”

            Your scent will also change considerably. The more your ‘alter ego’ comes out the more your scent changes. The more you use your powers, even the low risk ones, the more your scent will change. These two have counter affects to each other. “How did you find me?” I asked over whoever was asking me a question. It will become more difficult for the beings and the earth mythical creatures to find you either way. “Locator spell?” I asked. One makes your scent more beautiful and alluring the other makes your scent disappear. “I’ve heard of it.” In the book only though, I thought to myself.

            “Of course I’m paying attention.” I muttered looking up for the first time. Dion’s eyebrows smashed down. “What ever happened to Cobra?” I asked when some part of me began thinking about the day I was kidnapped.