Chapter 14

I was standing with the rest of the boys in a more boy friendly living room. It was a lot more comfortable…and messy. There was candy and burger rappers thrown all over the floor. Week old cups and plates with piles of bones littered the floor and table. I laughed as my eyes landed on something. Walking over to the disgusting table I picked up a magazine with my index finger and my thumb making sure I didn’t touch too much of it.

“Busty Asian’s porno magazine?” I asked holding it up and turning to face the group of boys behind me. They all turned around and slapped a boy on the head before the magazine and the boy disappeared from my sight. “Okay.” I chuckled.

“We should probably clean up.” The boy that opened the door for me said guilty.

I chuckled again. “I’m afraid to move anything out of my way for fear of a rat attacking me.” I said stepping over a pile of dirty clothes.

“There are no rats here.”

“Why because they are afraid of super naturals?”

“Yeah.” He said sitting down on a disgusting chair. He looked around on the chair and pulled out a rapper. “So how are you taking this whole super natural thing?” He asked me as he opened the rapper reveling a half eaten burger. “Oh. Hey, this is my burger from this morning.” He said taking a bite from it.

I looked away before I could be bothered to gag. I shrugged my shoulders. “About as good as any normal person would I guess.” I looked back at him. “I’m pretending this part of my life is all just a very vivid dream.” I smiled. He nodded his head understanding.

Dion walked into the room in a different pair of clothes. “Alright. She’s all taken care of.”

I looked back at him worried. “What do you mean taken care of?”

He looked at me carefully. “Do you really want to know?” He asked.

Did I want to know? I think in a sick way I already knew what he meant. The way he said it sounded like something a hit man for the mob would say. Even though I might know what he meant by that I wasn’t sure if I wanted to hear him say it aloud. Just the thought and speculation alone scared the crap out of me.

Before I could decide what I wanted CT spoke up worried. “So what do we do now?” He asked looking at our older brother.

Dion and I continued to stare at each other. “The only other person who know about the prophecy is dead. Not much we can do.“ With my heart racing I slowly looked away and towards the window. I don’t think I realized how afraid I should be of them. How could they kill someone and not even look or feel guilty about it?

Taking a deep breath I looked back. “So what now?” A boy asked. Every one slowly but surly glanced at me.

I stiffened. “Why are you all looking at me?” I asked panicking. There were a couple sighs as everyone looked away and down to the floor. I think maybe they want me to come up with a plan as the all powerful, chick.

Glancing away again I looked out the window. I hadn’t realized the sun was already up and glaring at me. Feeling the need to flee and remembering I had plans I walked back to my bag which was set on the only clean spot on the table.

“I have to go.”

“Go where?” CT asked standing up from his chair in a blur.

“I have plans today.”

“But what about this? Aren’t you going to stay? You said you came to terms with the whole super natural.”

“Yeah. Came to terms. It doesn’t mean I don’t need a dose of normality.”

“But your life isn’t normal anymore. Now that you’ve accepted this you should leave that life behind.” He said annoyed and angry.

I let out a huff. “Leave that life behind?” I asked in disbelief. “The life I lived for sixteen years?” I screamed at him. “Are you… How am I supposed to do that? Just because I accepted this and all of you doesn’t mean I can just switch my life around like that.” I said snapping my fingers. “The prophecy said I have the power of a god. It didn’t say I don’t have emotions and right now my emotions are a little topsy turvy, as is my mind. So if you don’t mind I would really like to return to my normal life with no super natural anything involved and just have some fun! Because in case you haven’t noticed or haven’t realized your telling me the fate of every single living thing on earth is in my hands! And I, a normal sixteen year old, can not take that much pressure. I have the power to see the future, past, and present. Do you know how horrible the future is going to be Clotho? Do you know how horrible it is to know how your best friend is going to die and not be able to do anything to help? How horrible it is to know how both of your parents die? I know how you’ll most likely die Clotho! You’ll die saving me. Maybe you’ll live, maybe you won’t. Only I don’t know because this idiot” I pointed to Dion “is going to say I have to live and fly me away to the same place Dalia is being killed by a vampire! Mean while George is being killed by his” I said pointing to the kid I was talking to a minute ago “brother. I also know that his sister is going to try to kill me in three days and he’s going to take it upon him self to kill her. So you know what sorry if I want to return to my normal life for a few hours so that I can try to forget that I’m the reason families are forced to kill each other. I dream about this stuff every night Clotho. Every night instead of dreaming about seeing my boyfriend for the first time in three months or dreaming about friends and school I’m having night mares about people dieing. So just shut up and let me do what I want.” I hadn’t even thought about it. Maybe my mind unconsciously came to grip with everything and just blew up. Either way everything was true. There was nothing I could do to stop Dalia or any of my friends from dieing the way I saw it. I took a couple beep breaths to calm down as everyone watched me surprised and guilty. Once I was calmed down I spoke. “I’ll try to come back later.” I said before turning on my heel and walking out.