Chapter eight

Vote && Comment pleasee :]

It get's better by the tenth chapter, promise. && Sorry for the repetitave song. It was sort of the inspiration for this story.

______________________________________________________________

“At the time we were at war and father had decided to fight in the war. Soon after you were born Father had to go fight. We waited for a letter but we never received one. Mother was worried and went to talk to the people in charge of the list of soldiers. They told her that he had signed up but never went to train. He had though. He had everything packed and we watched from the door as he left. A couple months later hunters found his body in the woods.” Mat summarized.

“A few weeks after the burial Mat went into the woods. I was the last person to see him because he went missing the same day. As the weeks passed rumor spread about mother being cursed. Others thought she was killing off her family. As the days passed mother became more... unstable. Mentally. She slowly went insane. By the time you turned eight months mother was completely insane.” I tore my eyes off CT because he paused and looked down at his hands. I looked around and saw a line of extremely old photographs. In one I noticed a little boy with light colored bouncy curls next to him was a boy with shorter light colored hair and behind both of them was a lady. She had long flowing light colored curly hair to her waist. Her eyes were just as bright and beautiful. She had soft delicate features. She looked so fragile. So beautiful. I wished the photography had color but it didn't. Still I could tell they were related.

“Mother took us up the widow's walk. She let me lean on her as she rocked you back and forth.” I looked back at CT who continued to look at his hands. “At first everything was okay. She was in a good mood. She started humming. I got sleepy so I rested my head on her lap. She started singing then.” Before he could continue I started singing.

“ Come little children

I'll take thee away, into a land

of Enchantment

Come little children

the time's come to play

here in my garden

of Shadows

Follow sweet children

I'll show thee the way

through all the pain and

the Sorrows

Weep not poor children

for life is this way

murdering beauty and

Passions

Hush now dear children

it must be this way

to weary of life and

Deceptions

Rest now my children

for soon we'll away

into the calm and

the Quiet

Come little children

I'll take thee away, into a land

of Enchantment

Come little children

the time's come to play

here in my garden

of Shadows”

Every line a question. Every word a guess. Every letter a scream.

“How did you know it was that song?” I strained my ears to hear CT.