Chapter 34

Okay, so maybe I was being a little cold hearted and maybe I was acting like a totally different person but…. Okay so I had absolutely no idea was I was acting completely different. Neither did I know why I simply replied with, “You thought they’d live?” I shrugged my shoulders.

            I grabbed the other small breathing device that was in the corner. “Are you guys coming? Oh, wait. Burn the bodies.” I put the breathing thing in my mouth and jumped into the water. I swam by myself all the way back to the main land shore. I sat down on a rock and looked under water. You would never be able to tell that there was a cave under water. I’m not sure how there could be one but there was. The river was surprisingly deep and wide.

            I sighed. It was weird, me acting like this. I didn’t even know why I was acting this way. I felt like maybe another part of me was fighting for control. Another part that knew too much. I stood up and started walking along the river bank. I needed to get back to the house. I walked back swiftly. By the time I got home I was practically gasping for air.

            I drank some water and went to my temporary room to get the journal. Once it was in my hand I began pacing back and forth flipping the pages frantically. Suddenly someone began pulling me and I blindly followed not even looking up. When we hit the stairs I stumbled and tripped, still never looking away from the journal. The person picked me up bridal style and went down the stairs. I was thrown onto what I guessed was the couch. I sprang up and continued pacing flipping the pages.

            “What are you doing?” Someone ask nervously.

            I began mumbling bits and pieces of what I was reading. “The sky is pink…. Unicorns are wild beautiful creatures for the rich…… Nothing is ever extinct just hiding…. Vampires have a definite starting point…. Their evolution is traceable…. Two types of werewolves…… Past, present, future….. Making a vision…. Receiving a vision….. Making a vision come to you….. Transporting…. Devil dogs….. To learn….. To know when….. Black eyes….. To kill: …. To revive: ….. To restrain: …. You are….. Important you……” I stopped reading aloud.

            To know when a black eyed being is near you simply concentrate and listen to the wind. After a while it will come naturally. It is like knowing someone is standing behind you, you will simply know when they are near. To kill one simply chant the following. I skipped down the chant. If you really must revive a black eyed being chant the following words but before you do that make sure the being is restrained. To restrain it chant the following. I skipped over both chants and skipped over a couple lines. I should have mentioned this earlier but since I cannot go back and revise this because it is in pen I will tell you know. Every time you use these powerful chants you risk your wellbeing. Remember to take continues breaks and never to use these chants unless it’s a life or death situation. Spells like this will make you considerably weak and with your history it is best you don’t weaken yourself. There is a second part of you, think of it as an alter ego, this part of you knows more than you do. It knows more about you than you could ever dream. It knows if you’re human or not. I would tell you everything the other side of you knows but it can only harm you. In time you will find out who you really are. When that time comes everything will make sense and you will be more powerful. You will be a god among everyone, even vampires and witches. You have the strength of every creature on earth combined. You are more dangerous than anyone on earth will ever know.

            I will tell you one thing about your alter ego; her name is Psyche Nikala Liamword and she is my daughter, you are my daughter. I hope before you used the spells that you read to the end. But because I know you I know you wouldn’t have, I hope you are well.

            I huffed. “No thanks, dad. I’m perfectly fine.” I closed the journal and threw it against the couch. “Well that explains it.” I pursed my lips. “I’m hungry.” I turned to head to the kitchen but Kyra was already there with a plate.

            “Here you go. The rest of you go to the kitchen and get your own food.” Kyra said flashing her motherly smile at everyone.

            Jacob groaned. “I don’t see why you should baby her.” He muttered under his breath before sulking over to the kitchen. I chuckled and sat down already stuffing food in my face. Kyra, Edward, and I were left in the living room with the vampires. What I never understood was why they hung out in the kitchen when we were back home when they don’t even eat, human food. CT and Mat even had a habit of cooking food for everyone. I didn’t even find it weird until I came here and realized Edward never set foot inside the kitchen.

            Everyone let me eat in peace but I knew they wanted to ask questions. When I stuffed the last fork full of food in my mouth Edward spoke up. “So… Dad?” He arched an eye brow. Kyra took my empty plate and left to the kitchen just as everyone came back into the living room.

            “Yeah, so the guy who wrote the journal says he’s my dad.” I thought for a while. “He really should have told me to be cautions from the very beginning instead of mentioning it after everything I needed to know. If you find out everything you wanted to know why would you keep reading, you know?” When I had gotten to the same page a week ago I didn’t even bother finishing the page I just practiced the chants until I had them memorized and then shut the book.

            Edward nodded his head. “Why were you looking through the journal?”

            “Who cares about the journal, what about how she was acting? Just a few weeks ago you were crying over the fight in the back yard.” CT said looking worried and slightly scared, probably at my calm domineer.

            I smiled at him. “That’s why I was looking through the book.”

            “What language is this?” A voice asked. I looked over and saw a group huddled around the journal. Seeing them huddled around it sent some emotion through me that I didn’t understand.

            From outside the window I could see the sky darken considerably. A huge boom came from overhead. It was so loud it shook the entire house right down to its foundation. It was silent, inside the house. Another crackle came from overhead. Again it shook the house.

            “I think you should give her back to the book.” Edward said something in his voice. I lowered my head so my eyes were looking at their feet. I crossed one leg over the other. I knew that when they looked over at me they saw the grim stern set of my jaw and lips, my eyes hiding behind my bangs giving me a scary expression that screamed ‘I mean business’.

            “Who said you could open the journal?” My voice was surprisingly dark.

            “Ah.... S-sorry.” The journal suddenly appeared balanced on my knee. Rain began to pour hard making loud pounding sounds against the roof.

            Damn. I sighed. I put the journal beside me on the couch and rubbed my face groaning. “No. I’m sorry I really need to rest.”

            Everyone was silent the sound of the rain filled the room. “What was it that you read?” Jacob said back to his business domineer just like when I had first meet him.

            I couldn’t tell them. “Just a caution note. He said I’d be weak.” I rubbed my face again feeling exhausted. “I’m going to go sleep for a while. You guys should get to know each other.” I said picking up the journal and walking out the room.