chapter 18

The car ride to my new home was awkward. I drove in silence as the music vibrated the car. Dion continued to look out the window never looking towards me. In truth his mood was getting me mad. I sighed in frustration and lowered the volume of the music until it was just a low hum.

“What’s you problem? So I wouldn’t kiss you. I’m sure you probably got one of those powerful girls as a girlfriend so why are you so mad?” I said taking peeks at him.

“I’m not.” He said bitterly before turning the music higher than before. I turned the music back down. Out of the corner of my eye I could see him glaring at me. He sighed. “I’m not. I just don’t want to see you get hurt when your boyfriend die’s because of you.” I sucked in a breath and turned over to look at him wide eyed. He starred back innocently. “Watch the road!” I glanced back at the road and swerved out of the wrong lane saving me from crashing into an SUV.

“He won’t die because of me.” I mumbled keeping my eyes on the road.

“Yes he will. They’ll use him against you and if they don’t he’ll get caught up in a battle and get himself killed. You’re the only human involved in this war… Actually we aren’t entirely sure your even human.” He said slowly. I looked over at him as I parked the car in the drive way.

“Really? Not fully human?” I asked surprised. I hadn’t even thought about it. He looked at my curious and nodded. I scrunched my eyebrows together before getting out the car and lugging the boxes to the door. Jeff and Mark helped bring them upstairs. They showed me to my new room. My room was directly in front of Dion’s and in between CT and Mat. The kid who previously had this room was kicked out and moved into another room. They said it was so I could be close. I didn’t really mind. The room was painted in dark purple and black. I asked Jeff if the boy had it painted like that but he said Mat had called some of the guys and told them to pick up paint and paint the room. I felt special but also slightly mean and rude for kicking the kid out of the room. The room had a balcony and a great view of the front yard and everything beyond it. My brothers had also taken the time to unpack everything. Luckily I had brought all the clothes with me so I didn’t have to worry about them having put my bra’s and panties in the draws. I dismissed them and began putting away my clothes. I didn’t have much clothes at the time because every year I donate my old clothes to charity making me have to go shopping. Which reminded me to go pick up the credit card from my mom so I could go get a new wardrobe. By the time the sun had set I had everything unpacked and the boxes leaning unfolded against the wall. I took them down stairs and Mat put them away somewhere. All that was left was to wait. We had to be super vigilant.

We were sitting on the porch watching the tree line for any movement. Justin came out the house and closed the door handing Mark a lemonade. This was it. This is where my dream began and if everything comes true…. My hand flashed up to grab the back of Dion’s hair. I pulled him down and twisted my body as I fell so I was closer to the wall and his body lay in front of mine. As I fell I pushed CT’s seat so he didn’t exactly fall but wobble on two legs. Just as I did so a bow smashed into the wall where Dion’s head was a second ago and another nicked the plate where CT’s neck would have been. As CT settled back onto all four legs he looked down at the bow that stroked his neck.

I gave a nervous chuckle. “Their here?” I said smiling slightly. I think I should have given them a better warning.