Chapter 13

“What do you mean you don’t know?” I asked Dion.

“When the prophecy was foretold we were not yet born.” He said gesturing to everyone in the room. “The elders and the Kings and Queens were taken over. They are the only one’s who know where the written prophecy is. We are a collection of every species most powerful males. Many of the adults have been taken over, missing, or are kidnapped. As soon as the elders and Kings and Queens were taken over we took it upon our selves to save everyone. We put the most powerful females in a safe place.”

“Why can’t the girls help?” I asked offended.

“These… things what ever is taking over everyone prefers to go for females. We think it’s to stop us from breeding. All we are trying to do is keep our future safe.” I nodded my head.

“So none of you know what the prophecy says?” I asked looking around the room. Everyone shook their heads. “Not even in the slightest?” Again they shook their heads. Suddenly a hammer started pounding on my head. I groaned and clutched at my head. I closed my eyes wishing the pain away.

“Psyche? Are you okay?” Dion asked.

I pressed my head to my knees. A hand landed atop mine and I grabbed it squeezing it as hard as I could. Even though my eyes were closed I could see everything clearly. I was in a clearing in the woods. A tall man stood in the center in a suit surrounding him were other big men in loose clothing. In front of the man kneeled a blonde haired girl in a black hooded cloak. Her head was bent down so she was staring at the floor. I couldn’t see the either of their faces.

“Even if they haven’t found her they need to die. The fire will not kill all of them but enough to weaken them. We’ll take care of the rest.” The man said in his gruff voice.

“Can I have my fun with them?” The girl asked in her surprisingly sharp voice.

“You can do whatever you want as soon as you light the place up.”

“Yes, sir.”

“Don’t disappoint me Claire. I killed your brother for his mistake 150 years ago. Just because you are my only daughter don’t think I won’t kill you.”

“My brother was foolish. He should not have saved the life of that little girl. I promise you father if she is there I will kill the girl myself.” Claire said lightly.

“You know what the prophecy says. She must die.” Claire nodded. “Good. You are dismissed. I will wait here for you.”

Claire stood up swiftly and turned. She ran faster then my human eyes could keep up. She was coming here. I groaned again coming back to reality. I was laying in a fetal position on the couch, which was now empty. I heard whispering but I still couldn’t make it out.

“She’s coming.” My voice sound labored. Mat asked who was coming. “Claire. She’s going to burn the place down. She’s coming through the woods” I said turning over and staring at Dion.

“Go and patrol the woods. If she’s there bring her back, alive.” Dion commanded a group of guys. Mat helped me sit up while CT gave me a cup of ice cold water. Dion continued to stare down at me with a mixture worry and anger.

Why he is angry is beyond me. I should be angry because this was definitely not the sort of destiny I envisioned the world had in store for me. One morning I’m a normal girl the next I’m a girl with super natural powers and super natural brothers. He has no right to be angry at me. I stared back at him cluelessly unsure if I should glare back or look away.

“Fix your dress,” he barks at me coldly.

I look down to see my dress almost around my waist. I purse my lips before pulling it down. I sat back down and cross my legs like a lady should. Just then the group of guys that left returned with a blonde girl in shackles. They pulled the hood off her head. Brilliant red eyes immediately set on me.