Chapter 21

I spent the next two days putting everyone in bed and checking in on them. I made food and brought it to them and collected it when they were done. I wasn’t sure if I had slept at all in the last 24 hours. I don’t think I was even sleepy. I was running around the entire time. Finally when no one needed me I cleaned the house. I tried getting all the blood stains out of the furniture, the floor, and the grass outside. Mat told me just to get one of the shopping catalogs and remodel what ever was stained. So I had to call on of the numbers he gave me and I told them what I wanted them to bring over. Even if the people bringing the things over were supernatural they still had to play by human rules. After I had done that I rolled up the carpet in the visiting room and whatever else was stained and threw it into a bag. The couches would have to wait until someone could move it outside and burn it.

I groaned as I leaned back onto the wall. I was trying to scrub the floor free of the blood stain that continued to linger. It was definitely a work out. I threw the big sponge into the bucket of soapy and bleach infested water. I closed my eyes and focused on my breathing listening to it come in and out. The house was completely rid of sound. I couldn’t even hear foot steps against the floor. I brought my legs up to my chest and took off the big yellow gloves I was wearing on my hands. Putting my forehead to my knees I let myself rest for the first time in a day and couple hours.

I gave myself a moment to think about everything that’s happened. Jeff had managed to successfully kill his only sister. I haven’t seen him since I passed out. They told me he took his sister’s body and went to bury her. Certain people who were injured badly enough were taken to a supernatural hospital. I always thought werewolves healed fast. Apparently that’s one of the many myth’s. Which reminds me I should ask what’s myth and what’s not. I probably should have asked that a long time ago but everything’s happened so fast I haven’t had time to ask.

I sighed. Just after meeting CT and Dion I met Mat and all the others. I wasn’t even properly introduced to them. They all know who I am but I don’t know who most of them are. Then I had that nightmare of George, Dalia, and my parents dying. Then I find out my dad’s a vampire and later on that my mom’s a witch. The day after I have a present vision of Dion, Mat, CT, and the other boy’s talking about me and the prophecy. I ask them about it and then Claire came. I went to school. Rose my mother from the dead for a few minutes, did my homework at Dion’s house, spent the weekend trying to relax at home, moved into Dion’s house and then got attacked. I haven’t had a single moment to ask any questions that don’t just come up. It’s been a hard couple of weeks.

I wish I could just go back to being a no one. Unwanted and unremembered. I wish I just wasn’t at the heart of the prophecy. If I have the power of gods I wonder if I have the power to rewind time. That would be cool. It would mean even if I mess up I could just fix it…. On second thought maybe not so much. If I could rewind time what would be the point in life then? I could just make things the way I want them to. I wonder what kind of powers I will have when I become more powerful. How do I become more powerful?

I opened my eyes as I felt movement around me. I must have fallen asleep because the light hurt my eyes. I looked around through half shut eyes. Mat was carrying me out of the visiting room. He looked down at me smiling slightly.

“You must be exhausted taking care of us all with out any sleep. You know we wouldn’t have been mad if you did go to sleep. The cleaning could have waited.” I didn't answer him. “Go back to sleep.” I think my body was too exhausted to argue or even to move because I let my head hit his shoulder and I fell right into a long restful sleep.