-18- the helping hand

You felt weak the moment you opened your eyes. The voice from your strange dream was gone and even tho she seemed so familiar you couldnt tell who it belonged to.

,,H-Hello?", the room was empty but it was easy to recognize the headquarters pharmacy.

A hammering pain in your chest reminded you of what happened during the mission.

Are the others safe?!

Even tho your head was spinning when you stood up, you needed to know if your mates got here safely.

,,Phyllis, heavens what are you doing outside the bed?! Didnt you just came back all riled up?", hands got on your shoulders.

,,Jett, do you know if everyone from my team reached here safely?!", you asked nervously.

,,Uhm yea everyone is fine. Neon was a little worn out but everyone is good besides you. Sage was super worried and Omen didnt leave your side man. Never saw him so worked up over someone before."

,,Omen?"

,,Yea, he-...", you zoned out while Jett was talking, repeating the strange dream from before. Now you knew who this voice belonged to- it was Omens. His words were echoing in your head.

,lets get you out of here'

,,Where's Omen, Jett?"

,,Uhm I saw him in the main hall lastly. Why? Shouldnt you search Sage first to tell her you are good?", the white haired girl looked at you.

,,Can you tell Sage I am fine? Please! I need to talk to Omen really urgently."

,,Sure, I'll get a hold of her but be sure to report to her after you talked to Omen. Im sure Sage wants to see you herself, kay?", she looked at you strictly but with her playful charme everyone loved her for.

,,Yes, promise. Thank you!", you gave her a gentle squeeze on her shoulder before running down the hallway.

,,Omen?!", you entered the mainhall, saying his name while walking in his direction.

He was talking to Yoru, who gave you an observing look before grinning.

,,Seems like someone wants to talk to you, Shadow. We can talk about that later, we cant let your lady wait."

,,I dont know what you are talking about, Riftwalker. Get away.", Omen growled before turning to you.

,,Omen, it was you! In my dream, you saved me from that dark place!", your voice was loud and nervous.

,,Shh, lets talk somewhere quiet, come.", he lead you outside where the forest surrounded the HQ.

,,Was it you?"

,,...Its interesting that you remember that much, so yes it was me.", the blue behind his mask was glowing as mysterious as always.

,,I got so many questions- what was all that?! That creepy place? And how did you come there? Was it in my head?", in your own panic your hands grabbed his automatically. You wouldnt realize til later.

He paused for a moment before answering you:

,,I cant exactly tell you what it is or why it is there. But I experienced it multiple times and I got a theory about "it." It seems like we Radiants have to pass this world every time we lose ourselves in the process of using our powers. I think Reyna went through it too- a lot. But she never talked to anyone about it."

So you ended up there after losing half control about your powers on the mission.

,,When your body is weak and you lose control, it will pull you down. And since you got wounded by your own power, losing consiousness, you fell really deep...I never knew it was possible to dive into others minds while they go through the process. I am glad I was able to reach you...its easy to lose your mind in that darkness.", he explained.

,,But what happens if you cant get out? You will wake up sometime right?", your heart was beating so fast from the adrenaline, fearing his answer.

,,We...we will die. Probably get consumed by the Radianite inside us. Thats how I lost parts of my physical body-...so Phyllis, never lose control again or bring more Radianite in your body. I dont know if you can get out again- it seemed so close already."

What if these times where you lost your mind and went rampage were actually these "dreams" and you have had so many already? And how many did Omen went through after fighting for the Valorant protocol for years?

You looked at him.

,,Omen...dont use your power anymore! You shouldnt risk to die if you went through it so many times already! You must be close to the end!", your hands were grabbing his shoulders, slightly shaking him.

,,No."

,,What no?! Arent you afraid to die?! I dont want you to die!...neither all the other Radiants in the Protocol.", there was panic in your voice.

,,Phyllis, listen...", he shook off your hands and grabbed both of them gently. Its been so long since he let anyone so close to him...its not like anyone tried after he lost his figure...

,,This world will end if we dont fight for it and they need every single force they can get. I did a lot of horrible things in my past and I will atone for these sins with giving every single strength I got left in my body in battle. I wanna create a bright future for everyone...

for you too."