- 23 - who to trust

,,Astra, explain yourself. What do you mean with that?", Phyllis looked at her while grabbing her shoulders.

,,Their plan is to infiltrate our lines with the second us. They were watching you all, seeing which badges we would wear to tell who is enemy and ally. They are probably already out wearing green like us. We cant tell anymore who is who! They could shoot us anytime while we are at risk shooting our own allies.", Harbor explained.

Phyllis looked a little out of it and even Sage was kinda shocked, imagining what a deadly chaos could occur.

,,Did no one ever thought about this happening?! We could have talked about a safe word or something?!", The healer shook her head at their very own incompetence.

,,Replacing our allies with fakes- to be very honest we never really saw it that way. We were always focused on the fact that they wanna steal Radianite with our powers. This mission here is supposed to kill the team, not steal the Radianite. Thats crazy- ", she continued.

Maybe they never saw the war as a war. Because there aint a war in the past that wasnt dirty and there to kill people.

,,Their intentions got more and more brutal with time- at some point we might have lost sight of how monsterous this is gonna turn out. We just deployed more and more Agents with time.", Harbor answered.

,,This is cruel- you killed them too. Of course they would fight back at some point.", Phyllis was out of it. Pictures of Yoru shooting the fake Omen from back then came to her mind.

,,But they dont die- no matter how many times we eliminated them, they come back. We wont, if Sage isnt around!"

,,That doesnt change the fact that they can feel pain while we kill them, right? And maybe their Sage is also just resurrecting them every time?!", the new recruit was devastated by the fact this whole Valorant Protocol Plan never thought about this as a war and what it means to declare war with another party.
War has no rules when it comes to cruelity.
Never had and never will have. Phyllis knew that. The moment the "First Light" happened and Radiants were born, a war began for so many people. People that got dragged into the fight of scientists, army and terrorists.

All of a sudden an explosion split the group, the ground was shaking from the after shock, dust flying around and clouding the field of view.

Sage and Harbor had their guns ready, standing the farest from everyone.

Phyllis and Astra, who were closest when the nade detonated, were still on the ground, coughing.

The young woman tried to get a grip of the situation, which seemed hard with her eardrums still out of it from the detonation sound.

The healer of the group soon saw what initiated the chaos and before bullets could hit anyone she used her power to create a tall blue wall in front of Astra and Phyllis.

,,ENEMIES! GUNS OUT, FIND COVER!", Sage shouted so everyone could hear her over the gun shots that now began to rain on them.

The nade came from the enemies Raze, who would have thought (yikes).

Astra seemed heavily injured and while Harbor tried to defend their position, Sage rushed over to the ghanian agent, checking her condition.

,,She needs to go back to the aircraft. I will heal the main wounds but I cant use all my power to fix her enitrely right now. I dont want anyone to die here with me not being able to use my resurrection.", it was more like Sage was speaking to herself but Phyllis still heard it.

,,Let me help you.", Phyllis laid her hands on Sages shoulders and used her force to help Sage recover from what you could call a Mana loss, for restoring her healing powers.

,,No, wait. You might need your stamina later.", Sage contradicted.

,,Just a little. You dont want anyone to die on your watch, thats what you said.", in the end Phyllis thought Sage would be more of a help with her resurrection powers than herself with the destroying powers of her own blood...
The only thing she was really good at was killing and destroying, wasnt it?

_________

Finally got some motiavtion again and some plans for next chapters. So I hope you enjoyed todays chapter, more is about to come!

Love u all