❀ 11

"Yooo Haechan. Why aren't you sleeping man?" Mark chuckled nervously, hand scratching the back of his neck. Chungha immediately hid behind Jeno, dragging Nabi with her. The kimchi stew was simmering in a large pot with all the ingredients already added in. It was almost ready, but of course their surprise had failed.

"Because you guys are so fucking loud dude," Donghyuck rolled his eyes with a smirk forming on his mouth. Eyes landing on Hwayoung, he suddenly went back to his confused state and asked why she was even here.

The idols voice was pretty hoarse and raspy from the effects of sleep and sickness combined. His hair wasn't brushed out but it still looked soft enough to brush her hands inside it. The waitress felt a tad bit awkward, assuming the man didn't want her in his dorm.

It was kind of embarrassing but Hwayoung decided to take off her apron and grab her coat to leave. "Sorry for coming without telling you. Uhm, bye?" was all she said before she put on her Doc Martins when a sudden voice stopped her.

"I didn't mean it like that," Donghyuck suddenly walked up to the girl, 'I'm happy you're here Hwa, I just didn't expect you to show up and be cooking for me." He took the coat back from her grip and grabbed her hand to lead her back to the others.

"No, it's fine if you genuinely don't want me here right now. I get that you're sick and I might just be disturbing your resting time," she let go and waved her hands in front of her face, trying to get hold of her NorthFace again.

The rest of the group just sat back and watched the interaction between the two. It started off as apologies and resentment but soon turned into laughter because of Hwayoung tripping and falling in front of Donghyuck.

"Ok fine, I guess I'll stay," she said when the idol put his hand out in front of her to help her regain her strength.

"Come on Hwa, we all know you wanted to," he winked and she put her palm on his.

"I'm going to scalp you," she was lifted onto her feet again.

Hana and Renjun looked at each other with the same thoughts lingering their minds as the girl intertwined fingers with her boyfriend. It was honestly so beautiful to see someone they grew up with to find someone for them, even in a nonromantic way.

After the two's dramatic act, Chenle woke up with a grumbling stomach asking when the food was going to be ready. Luckily, Aira was still cooking whilst the whole misunderstanding was going on and it was ready to be served.

In all honesty, Hwayoung had done most of the cooking and addition of seasonings while the others just cut up stuff and were grabbing ingredients to help one another.

"Wait, where's Jaemin?" Jisung suddenly asked as he brought the bowls of rice to the dining room table that was full of chairs and dishes. Jeno, who was helping our with the table, just shrugged in response. The members suddenly called out for the said man, not noticing his disappearance after he dropped off the waitress.

After a few minutes of failing to find him, they decided that it was best if he have his own time rather than annoy him with a million phone calls. Jeno had still texted his friend just to make sure he was ok, receiving a reply that he was just out to get some stuff.

He winked at Mark and he nodded in reply as a sign he got the signal.

Finally finishing setting up the dining room table, the gang all sat down. Jisung and Chungha were seated on each side of Hwayoung, Donghyuck sitting across from her.

The girl got up to grab a pack of napkins for the table and then went back to her spot. Whilst waiting for Jaemin to come back the couples were chatting with one another, Hwayoung in between a conversation of the two beside her. They were arguing about games.