❀ 64

and last night i could hear the waves
as i heard you say, "all that i want is to be yours"
falling in love, falling in love
deeper than i've felt it before with you, baby
i feel I'm falling in love with all my heart

It was the start if their weekend long vacation. They only had three days and two nights but the couple were going to make the most of it.

Hwayoung had packed way too much for her own good, Donghyuck having to secretly take some out and making up excuses it so she wouldn't realize it was gone.

'Oh I just rearranged the clothes so more can fit,' was his best lie. He didn't know if she could sense his false words but she didn't seem to mind.

The anticipation bubbled within them as they set off in the van borrowed from his workplace, the engine humming to life. They were going to Jeju- the place Donghyuck grew up in.

Donghyuck took charge of driving, while Hwayoung settled into the passenger seat, ready for the trip ahead. The melodies of Donghyuck's carefully curated playlist filled the air, setting the perfect backdrop for their journey.

"It's nice going out like this. Is it our first trip together?" Hwayoung asked and he hummed in reply. She could tell he was happy about it- really.

She was a bit worried he would be all regretful and guilty about missing work but as they drove along the open road, the wind tousling their hair, Donghyuck couldn't contain his excitement.

Every now and then, he would glance at Hwayoung, a smile tugging at the corners of his lips.

"Can you believe it?" he exclaimed, his voice brimming with glee. "I'm taking you to my hometown. I haven't been here in so long."

She just smiled at him, finding it adoring.

The car ride was full of his nonstop yapping and Hwayoung always adding on her thoughts to it too. It was honestly kind of fun.

After driving many hours, they reached Jeju Island.

Donghyuck's eyes sparkled with nostalgia as he recognized familiar childhood spots. With childlike excitement, he pointed them out to Hwayoung, sharing stories of his adventures and mischievous escapades.

"That's my old school and I would always pick up breakfast from that street shop. They have the best bread. I love shopping around those streets because they had a lot of clothes I was interested in when I was younger."

Hwayoung listened attentively, captivated by the vividness of his memories and the way his face lit up with each recollection.

To their surprise, some people they encountered recognized Donghyuck, not for his idol status, but as those who had cared for him in his younger days.

There were old elementary teachers, family friends, relatives who were shocked at his arrival. And each time they greeted the man, he never failed to showcase his girlfriend who stood on the sidelines, watching in admiration.

Warm hugs and heartfelt greetings filled the air and it was only the first hour since they had arrived.

As it was their first night, they decided to go to bead early, eager to rise with the sun and make the most of their short time on the island.

Arriving to the motel Hwayoung had booked them, they immediately put down their luggage, jumping on the bed in glee.

"I never realized driving for six hours could be so...tiring," Donghyuck groaned as his tense muscles sunk into the mattress.
"I'm sorry I couldn't take over. I really need to learn how to drive."