❀ 33

"I'm sorry. Like, so sorry," Hwayoung paced around the room nervously, hand massaging her temples in frustration. "I forgot that you were an idol and everything so I let the girl come in. I'm so fucking stupid."

She began to pick on her own nails, making it start to bleed. She hadn't even realized it until a hand clasped over hers lightly, "It's fine," Donghyuck said reassuringly. "I don't think she would be allowed to tell anyone or she would get fired. Please don't hurt yourself over this."

Hwayoung took a couple deep breaths in and nodded slightly, "You're right. Let's just eat."

She sat on the bed next to her boyfriend as they silently ate their steak, feeling more and more anxious as timed passed by.

Donghyuck knew it wasn't Hwayoungs fault but he didn't know how much he could trust the worker after she left abruptly. "If the company finds out and it gets out to the public, would you...be willing to release a statement?" he asked.

She turned to look at him, suddenly realizing that SM hadn't even known of their relationship from the start. When they confessed, it was all butterflies and feelings. But now, the reality of dating an idol was sinking in.

"I- I honestly don't know," Hwayoung said sincerely as she put her fork down. "Don't get me wrong, you're amazing Hyuck. But I know how toxic fans are and I don't think I can handle that right now. And like I mean, we just started dating..."

She didn't want to break up with him, that was exactly the opposite of what she wanted to do. But she genuinely did not want to reveal their relationship at the moment, it was way too soon.

Donghyuck sighed and patted her leg comfortingly, "We'll get through it. I won't lose you over this."

"I'm breaking up with you," Hwayoung said angrily.
"Babeee, I'm sorry that I'm much better than you at this game."
"Get out of my room Lee Donghyuck."

She scooted further from him as he moved closer every time, "Don't be mad at me. It just makes me want to kiss you more."
"Shut up."
"Make me."
"Ok, ew," she let out a laugh and immediately tried to cover it up with a straight face.
"You see, I made you laugh," he pointed out.

Hwayoung rolled her and lay her back on top of the bed, "How do you guys have so much gaming consoles and shit?"
"I honestly don't know. Christmas gifts and stuff."
"You're so spoiled," she looked up at him and smiled lazily. "But is it bad that I like it?"

Donghyucks eyes widened in shock from her flirtatious remark as he choked out a spur of words, "Uh- yeah of course you do. You like everything about me."
"Debatable."
"Excuse me?" he said, offended. "I'm your boyfriend."

He slept on the bed, turning to face her. Hwayoung did the same, the eye contact causing her to flush. "Not anymore. I'm still mad at you for killing me off so brutally," she tapped his nose which caused him to scrunch it.
"Ok fine, rematch."
"But you'll just make me win so I can be happy. That's not fair."

He found her stubbornness cute. The way she spoke with such fury even though the gleam in her eyes exposed her true feelings. "You're right. I would probably do that because I love seeing you smile Hwa," Donghyuck said honestly as his hand reached up to caress her face softly.

Hwayoung brushed her fingers between his long locks. His hair had grown a lot since they last saw one another, "Let's do something else then."
"Like what?"
"Just talk and catch up I guess. There's not much we can do here."