❀ 65

and in the end the love you take
is equal to the love you make

jo_young's story

Haeun had gotten the job at SM and rented a new apartment

Haeun had gotten the job at SM and rented a new apartment. Hwayoung was moving in with her friends. Donghyuck had just finished promoting NCT Dreams new comeback.

Everything was going so well.

"I can't believe you're cheating on me!"
"I hugged him for like three seconds dude."
"Now I'm just a dude to you...wow."

Donghyuck huffed and puffed on the couch, hugging the pillow as Hwayoung just ignored his stupid tendencies. She knew he was just joking anyways.

Seojun had came over to her house to help move things to her new dorm and she thanked him with a quick hug to which Donghyuck very dramatically called 'cheating.' He was a jealous wreck.

"Okay well do you want to eat now or do you have practice?" she asked, heading to the kitchen.
"Oh shit," he said as he checked the clock, standing up to follow her around. "I had to leave minutes ago. I'll come after to help you throw out your extra cooking supplies."

"They all have a different purpose!" Hwayoung defended while clutching the third spatula she had bought that week.
"Sure..."
"Okay bye have fun at practice," she pushed him towards the hallway leading to the front door. Donghyuck whined, saying how he needed a goodbye kiss to function properly.

Pecking him on the lips quickly, he finally left off in his car, leaving Hwayoung to the almost empty house. It was such a bittersweet feeling to move out of the place that had kept her company for so many years...but time was moving on and she had to too.

Haeun had taken Lilac to her apartment whilst everything got settled out so there was no distractions.

Hwayoung bitterly sat on top of a packing box, taking in the empty house one last time. Remembering the sounds of her grandmother always shouting across the house to come and eat something, the records that always spun, filling the room up with beautiful melodies.

It was nice.

With a small smile on her face, she picked up the last picture frame that lay down faced on the kitchen table.

A photo of Hwayoung and Hwachan hugging each other on her high school graduation day. She brushed her thumb on the smooth golden frame and then packed it inside the box she sat on, not before embracing it in her arms one last time.

She was ready for a new chapter of her life.

"So this is where we keep the plates, cups, and utensils. The rest of the kitchen is pretty self explanatory but just ask Dohyun whenever you need something 'cause that guy's always home," Jiwoo explained, guiding Hwayoung to the now familiar places in the dorm.