❀ 38

They're just his parents. Don't stress Hwayoung, don't stress.

His parents.

Ok, I'm stressing.

Fighting the urge to run away from the door of her boyfriends childhood home, it opened up to Chaewon smiling happily at her, "You made it!"

"Of course."
"Come in."

Right away from the front entrance, she could feel the warm and cozy vibe already. Like being wrapped inside a blanket. "It's very nice here."
"Thanks. Mom and dad suck at furnishing stuff so I did most of it," she simply stated.
"You're amazing at it. Are you going into that type of workplace?"
"I don't know yet. Maybe, maybe not."

They continued to venture inside the house, Chaewon giving her a quick tour of the place. "And if you want to pee, you can go in there or there," she pointed to two rooms at the opposite end of the hallway. "That one is inside Harus room though and he's going through puberty so don't be scared. He's shy."

"Right...I'll keep that in mind," Hwayoung chuckled nervously. She never lived with any young boys before so she didn't really know what to expect when it came to hormonal teens.

"And those are my parents."

Hearing the cursed word, she turned around to see two figures who just came out of the kitchen. "Hi-"

She was pulled into a hug by Donghyucks mom before she could finish her greeting. "Oh Hwayoung, you look very lovely. I'm so glad you chose our Donghyuckie."
"He's an amazing man."
"Hope he doesn't cause too much trouble," his dad joked.

Every time Hwayoung met a person associated with Donghyuck, they always seemed to tease about his pranks and immaturity. In reality, he was very good with words and knew how to make someone feel like they were the most loved in the world. He was much more than others made him seem to be.

"Can't bat an eye around him," she played along with their banter that caused a laugh from the elder.
"Jeez, you guys are such geezers," Chaewon groaned from embarrassment. "They love those types of stuff. Don't fall into their trap."

"Yo, who took the charger from my room?" Jongho shouted from the top of the stairs, leaning forward to look down at his chatting family. "Oh, hi Donghyucks girlfriend."

"You're so rude. Her name's Hwayoung dipshit," Chaewon rolled her eyes and waved him off. "Ask Haru. And we're going to eat soon so don't snack on any of those chips I know you guys snuck up."

Hwayoung shyly waved at him with a meek smile plastered onto her face. They all seemed so comfortable with her already which made her feel more at ease.

"Is there anything I can do to help?" she turned to Mrs. Lee and asked.
"You're our guest. Just relax honey," she patted her shoulder lightly and pushed the two off into the living room to have fun while they prepared the dishes.

"So...do you have your drivers license?" Chaewon grinned widely.
"Sadly, no."
"Dang it. I hate bussing to uni. It's so crowded and annoying."

Hwayoung laughed at her annoyed face, finding it cute. "Do people ever come up to you because of your brother?"
"Hm. Before, not really since he never showed my face to the public," she said thoughtfully. "But now, kind of. Because of his instagram post. They're more intimidated than anything to be honest."

"Speaking of him..." she checked the clock and looked at the door. "He should be arriving anytime soon now."

And on queue, Donghyuck entered the house, leather jacket and mask on. "I'm here."

He neatly put his coat onto the rack and took his shoes off whilst scrolling on his phone. "Does anyone have a charger?"
"I need to plug in my airpods," Chaewon said from the living room, making him look over. "And Jongho lost his so he's using Haru's."