❀ 27

same old tired, lonely place
walls of insecurity
shifting eyes and vacancy vanished when i saw your face
all i can say is it was
enchanting to meet you

"I miss my Markie," Aira sighed sadly as she scooped her ice cream. Hwayoung laughed at her but she also agreed. Time was going by slowly, but it was almost time for her to go to Canada. Only two more weeks.

"I think they're going to end up staying even longer than May because of the American tour dates not being dropped yet," she pointed out.
Aira dropped her head harshly on the table of the convenience store. "Don't even bring that up. Anyways, how are you and Haechan?"
"Good. We call each other as often as we can so it's not the worst thing."

Seojun, who was restocking the shelves, overheard their conversation and gasped audibly, "So you're dating him?" he stood up from his crouching position and pointed her box cutter accusingly at her from a distance.
"Oh, hey," Hwayoung greeted casually. She knew she could trust him since he hadn't told anyone yet of how he met Mark and Donghyuck. "Yep. I forgot to bring it up."

He narrowed his eyes at her and looked around the store to make sure it was empty. "Can you maybe...tell him that I- I said hi?" he asked nervously.
"Aww, you shy little boy," the girl cooed and nodded in response. "He's actually kind of jealous because you liked me before."
"No way! That was just a one time thing man. I would rather date him than you honestly," he argued.

Aira watched the bickering two fight over Donghyuck as her phone was receiving a facetime. It was Mark.

A smile grew on her lips fondly as she answered, not caring about her noisy friends. "Hey Marker."
"Hey babe. Yo wait up- is uh someone having a fight?" his eyebrows furrowed in concern.
"Yeah," the girl laughed and flipped the camera over. "Just Hwa and Seojun."

"Hwa?" a voice from the background yelled out as he got closer to the phone. "and...Seojun. Huh," Donghyuck tuned into their conversation. He went over to Mark as soon as he heard his girlfriends name. Seeing the two fight, he wondered what they could possibly be so passionate about.

The only thing he could pick out was his girlfriend saying, "And that's why I am definitely way more date worthy!"

He was first faced with confusion, wondering why Hwayoung was trying to prove herself to Seojun. Before trying to misunderstand her, he continued to listen.

"Ok well, I have really nice hair that would make Haechan fall for me instantly!" the boy stuck his tongue out and lightly whipped his head to the side, making it bounce nicely.

Hearing his own name, Donghyuck's jealousy radar piped down instantly but he felt a bubble of laughter threatening to come out. "Are they fighting over...me?" he asked Aira.

She nodded in response and that was when he lost it. He couldn't stop himself from trying to keep calm. The roars of laughters caught the attention of the bickering two, "You're on call?" Seojun gasped.
"Oops."

He slowly backed away into the abyss of shelves from embarrassment. Hwayoung already knew who she was on the phone with and walked over to her seat, "Hey princess."
"Hi Hwa."

They did a brief greeting and Donghyuck left Mark and Aira to have their own time as he texted his own girlfriend.

my princess 👸

sooo
seojuns trying to win me over w his nice hair??

yup
but you'll choose me...right 🥺🥺