❀ 42

take you by the hand,
you're the only one who understands

Donghyuck was rambling on about how he beat his own high score in a game by a huge amount. "And I should literally be put into a gaming channel at this point. I'm basically a professional."

Hwayoung just hummed along with whatever he was saying, too focused on what was on her phone.

"You're so rude. Why are you on your phone when you could be staring at my cute face?" he blocked her device with his hand which caused her to look up.

"Oh shit...sorry," she said and put her phone inside her pocket.
"What's wrong?"
"Nothing."
"Something seems off though."

She just shrugged it off and stared into the bowl of their successfully made popcorn.

"Hwa..." Donghyuck moved the bowl and sat in front of her on his bed. "Are you sure you're okay?"
"Yeah."
"Really?"

She rolled her eyes and stood up, "I'm going home."
"Wait- what?"

He moved his long legs to catch up with her pace immediately, "Did someone post something or? Because I swear you were okay before you went on your phone..."

"Uh-huh."
"Give me your phone."
"Why should I?"
"Because I need to make everything's fine."

Hwayoung sighed and caved in, handing him her phone, "Whatever." His face ID was already in her devices memories so he unlocked it easily.

It went to to a video on her tiktok account of him dancing with girls in the school he visited. His eyebrows quirked at how this could possibly make her mad until he realized.

"Don't tell me you're...jealous."
"Shut the fuck up."
"So you are! Jo Hwayoung is jealous of me dancing with other girls."

"I'm still leaving," she grabbed her light jacket and opened the door to go into the hallway.

"No you're not," he swung his arm to wrap around her waist and dragged her body inside. "You're so cute."

"I will punch your face dude."
"Ouch. I got dude-zoned."
"Leg go of me," she groaned and he immediately complied.

"Okay but...are you mad at me?" Donghyuck asked, curious as to why her tone was so harsh.

"No. I just don't get why you had to be so...close with them I don't know," she looked down at her hands, finding the skin on her fingers bleeding from how harsh she was peeling them. "It's perfectly fine that you interact with fans and whatever but there was no need to feel them up."

"I was not feeling them up."
"Yeah I know. I just don't know what other fucking word to use dude."
"I get what you mean Hwa, it's okay. Don't hurt yourself," he encased her hand in his to stop her from harming herself even more.

They stayed in that position for a while, Hwayoungs brain racking for things to say. It didn't feel fair to her that he was just doing his task and she was here getting mad at him.

"I know it's your job to provide fan service but I just let my feelings get ahead of me," Hwayoung pushed his cold arms away and smiled sympathetically. "I was told not to interfere with your idol duties but here I am getting jealous at you for just simply doing what was asked. I'm sorry."

"No Hwayoung. Stop," Donghyuck sighed, trying not to let his feelings get the best of him. "I don't care what my stupid company says. I will literally quit my contract just to make sure you're safe and with me."

"No Hyuck...you can't do that," she shook her head. "Besides, I don't care what you need to do with your fans. No matter what happens, I don't ever want you to leave your dream just for me. And you won't have to worry about us breaking up. I don't think I could live without you..."