Newly found

I buried my head back into the sleeping bag and Jacket not wanting to face reality. I felt more weight on my lower stomach. When I looked I saw Riley had moved her head.  She looked so damn cute. Looking at her made me giggled a bit.

~~~~
Ghosts POV
~~~~

As soon as we returned to base I saw Chaos go straight to her sleeping bag and just collapsed. I was tiny bit worried but Lexa did the exact same thing on Chaos' chest. Animals really do reflect people around them. I chuckled as I went to sit down.

Riley however decided she wanted to sleep with Chaos and not me. I couldn't do anything but watch my own dog betray me. For someone she just met no less.

While I sat there I saw chaos shiver even with 2 dogs on her and she's inside a sleeping bag. I don't know why but I gave her my jacket. I sat there for 2 hours trying to get a bit of rest. But my eyes kept drifting over to the women sleeping so unbothered by everything around her.

I admire her trust level with everyone but that's a little reckless. I watched her wake up and look confused about the extra dog and jacket. She slapped her cheeks as they turned pink, then she made eye contract with me and blushed even more.

I smirked under my mask. I don't know why but I like when she blushes like that. I was brought back to reality by the sound of her giggling while she looked at Riley who had moved her head.

"Fuck" I whispered out and prayed no one heard. But that was wishful thinking.

"What's goin on in yer mind Lt" Soap questioned as he appeared next to me.

"Nothing" I responded not wanting to give anything away.

"So you smiling at Chaos is nothing now, weird" Soap spoke sarcastically. He knew too much already.

"Follow me Johnny" I said as I got up and left the room heading outside. Surprisingly Riley and Lexa followed. I waited to make sure Chaos wasn't gonna follow Lexa.

"I'm only saying this because it's a new feeling" I told soap who just nodded to tell me to keep going. "Earlier I gave chaos my jacket while she slept because she kept shivering. When she woke up and noticed it she blushed, then she saw that I was watching her and blushed an even deeper red. It made me smile I don't know why though" I explained.

"I think you're getting a crush on your fellow lieutenant, Ghost" Soap said excited.

"Why do you think that?" I asked.

"Well she's the first women in years that you didn't immediately disapprove of. Actually you're impressed by her because how she almost choked you out" Soap explained to me. He really does know me better than I know myself. I nodded towards him then went back inside to find the women sitting up putting the jacket on.

~~~~
Back to your POV
~~~~

After Riley and Lexa got off me I stayed on the floor until I felt alive enough to move. I sat up and looked at the jacket on my lap.

Well it was on me might as well wear it. Ain't like he was using it. I convinced myself to just put in on. It was huge and warm. I might just keep this jacket.

"This jacket comfy as fuck" I mumbled out. I heard people walking so I looked up and saw Ghost and Soap walking in with Riley and Lexa following. Lexa came straight back to me to sit in my lap while I tried to reach for my backpack.

Ghost nudged my bag closer to me with his foot as he walked by.

"Thanks Ghosty" I spoke to ensure he knew I was grateful cause I really didn't want to get up. I grabbed my thermos out along with a package of instant coffee. I know I look desperate for coffee but I am right now.  I dumped the instant coffee into the thermos then grabbed my portable creamer and sugar. 

"Just drink tea then you wouldn't have to pack all this extra shit" I heard Ghost say from somewhere behind me.

Without looking at him I responded "not everyone likes to be calm all of the time. If I don't have my caffeine then I'm basically dead weight. You should've seen me on my first couple of missions. Sizzle was there and had to basically carry me back to base a few time" I laughed out shaking the thermos to mix everything together.

"Yeah and the way you looked today walking back I'm surprised you didn't just hitch a ride on someone" I heard Sizzle crackle out from the next room over.

"I almost did. Y'all were to far away. Ghost was the closest one and I was about to but actually thought about it. I figured he'd either shove me off or body slam me to the ground. Plus it wouldn't be fair to have Lexa continue walking." I explained myself.