Warmth

Ghosts POV

"Yep you're fine- shit I mean I'm fine" was all she said before she walked into the other room. I looked at Soap who had a knowing look on his face.

"What are you looking at" I questioned him

"Well I'm no expert but I'm pretty sure she called you fine" Soap said smugly.

"Go away" is the only thing I say.

Soap and I enter the the main room again only this time Chaos was in her sleeping bag with Lexa and Riley. Looks like I'm not getting my dog back tonight.

I put a shirt on finally and got into my sleeping bag.

"Remember we gotta move out tomorrow at 5 am" I said before one of the guys turned off the flashlight they we had inside for light.

I woke up I think about 3 hours later to find Chaos out of her bed and the dogs gone as well. I got up to go find her. She was outside shivering playing with Lexa and Riley.

"You know it's below freezing, right?" I asked from the houses doorway.

"We'll I couldn't sleep and Lexa started whining. I didn't want her to wake y'all up so we went outside to get her energy out" she responded softly. She looked at me and I could see her lips were blue.

"Get inside your lips are turning blue" I told her. She smiled

"Why are you looking at my lips?" She asked smirking at me.

"Just get in the house before you freeze to death" I ignored her comment. She continued to smirk as she walked inside with the dogs following. Also she was still shivering. I walked in behind her.

"Come here" I told her.

"Why" she asked.

"Just come here" I repeated. She walked over to me and I wrapped my arms around her. I felt her tense up but then relaxed. She stopped shivering finally but I still held onto her.

"Thank you" was all she said. She didn't let go for a while. "You know you're really warm" she mumbled.

"Well yeah I've been inside you were outside" I responded. I could tell she was beyond tired.

"Sorry for stealing your dog" she continued. I almost chuckled but I led her to her sleeping bag and let her go. She shivered again before getting in the sleeping bag. Both dogs laid down with her hopefully keeping her warm. I ended up going to bed as well and woke up bright and early the next day.

~~~~
Your POV
~~~~
When Ghost hugged me I instantly felt warmer. I knew I was blushing. I also knew he only did it cause I was shivering. Whatever the reason the hug was nice. His big build only added to the comfort. He practically covered my entire body by just wrapping his arms around me. This hug also reminded me of seeing him shirtless earlier. He was muscular but not in a body builder type of way. He was muscular as in your could tell he had muscle but he was still soft enough to hug. Also the scars all along his torso just showed how strong this man was.

Anyways I woke up the next morning before anyone else. I started boiling water for my coffee and pulled out an MRE I had packed. I finished eating when I decided to take the dogs to go hunt for food when I heard someone exiting the house. I looked back and saw Ghost standing there staring at me yet again. I was still wearing one of his jackets.

"Good morning, thank you for last night I didn't realize how cold I actually was" I spoke first.

He started approaching me "that jacket won't keep you as warm as this one will, here" he said as he handed me a thicker jacket. I took it and switched the jackets. He only nodded before going back inside.

"I'm taking the dogs to go hunt a rabbit or something so I'll be back" I yelled as the dogs took off towards the forest.

"Alright be safe" I heard him shout back.

About an hour later I returned with the dogs who looked like they just massacred every rabbit but they only got one each.

"Damn who did the hell hounds kill" Cracker asked. I smiled and shook my head.

"Nah just decided they wanted to get extra dirty, but hey now during the mission they'll look scarier" I laughed out, looking at them they looked badass. "Damn if I didn't know them I'd be scared if I saw that".

"I'm surprised Riley listens to you so well. It took a year for her to even go near me even longer for her to listen to me when I would tell her to sit" Soap laughed.

"Really? She's amazing at listening to commands, faster than Lexa that's for sure" I spoke back looking at Riley and Lexa play.

"Yeah hell she even bit ghost when she was assigned to him" Soap continued.

"Alright enough get ready to head out we got an hour walk just to the plane that's taking us to the next compound" Ghost spoke walking out.
__________________________________
Major time skip in the next chapter