Ch 4

Taoist Master and the Cat

Chapter 4:

Qiao Lili was always embarrassed to see Grandma Tao.

The atmosphere in the 1990s was not as conservative as before, but pregnancy out of wedlock is not something to be proud of.

Xie Rong is easy in front of his own mother, she has a thin skin.

At a loss, Qiao Lili silently looked at the two children.

A handsome two-year-old boy and a beautiful two-year-old girl are sitting together eating strawberries, quiet and well-behaved, neither crying nor fussing.

The same white, the same good-looking, really like twins.

Qiao Lili looked at her abdomen, it would be great if she was pregnant with twins, she would definitely be as cute as Xie Jingyuan and Su Miaomiao.

Xie Rong noticed that she seemed to like the two children very much, and coaxed Su Miaomiao with a smile: "Miaomiao, this is Aunt Qiao."

Su Miaomiao ate the last bite of strawberry and obediently called out.

Xie Rong glanced at his own son who was only two years old but had a cold expression. He didn't force him, lest the son refuse to speak and the adult would lose face.

Qiao Lili thought, Xie Jingyuan must not like her, stepmother is almost equivalent to a derogatory term, even children understand it.

In this way, she couldn't let go even more.

Grandma Tao did her best to treat guests, and didn't care about the rest. The daughter-in-law will not live with her in the future, so why should she waste her time trying to get acquainted.

After lunch, Xie Rong and Qiao Lili left hand in hand, leaving several large packages of presents, some to honor the elders, and some to the children.

Grandma Tao sent the couple out the door, and when the door closed, her smile immediately faded.

It is said that she loves the house and the black, and now she doesn't like her son, and it is even more difficult to have a good impression of her daughter-in-law who can't come.

Turning her gaze, seeing Su Miaomiao yawned, Grandma Tao smiled sincerely again: "Miaomiao is sleepy, let's go, grandma will coax you to sleep."

Xie Rong never came back, the big bed in the master bedroom became Su Miaomiao and Xie Jingyuan's nap bed.

Grandma Tao carried Su Miaomiao to wash her hands and mouth, and then put the doll on the big bed.

Many children need adults to put them to sleep, Su Miaomiao doesn't need it, she can fall asleep just by touching the bed, she can sleep anywhere on the carpet, sofa or car seat.

There was a small pillow next to Su Miaomiao, Xie Jingyuan crawled over it by himself, and lay down with his back to Su Miaomiao.

Grandma Tao sat by the bed, looked at him lovingly and pitifully, and asked softly, "Does Jing Yuan like Aunt Qiao?"

Xie Jingyuan looked at her and said, "I like grandma."

To him, Qiao Lili was just an irrelevant person, including Xie Rong, who had nothing to do with him.

In just four words, Grandma Tao almost cried.

"Go to sleep, Miaomiao is asleep." Grandma Tao gently patted her grandson's little shoulder.

Xie Jingyuan closed his eyes.

Grandma Tao sat by the bed for more than ten minutes, making sure that her grandson was fast asleep. She stuffed two pillows under the sheets on three sides of the bed to prevent the children from turning over and falling to the ground, and then walked out lightly.