Chapter 1. The first contact.

In the sea region called the "Great East", far away from the "Three Great Civilized Lands", there existed a continent..

Its size was about half the size of Australia, so it was too small as a continent, but also too large as an island.

This land was called "Rodenius", where three nations existed.

• A farming nation that was endowed with fertile soil and had a vast agricultural area, the "Principality of Qua-Toyne".

•  A poor nation with a vast desert expanse where it was difficult to grow crops, the "Kingdom of Quilla".

•  The only country in which the dominant race is humans, and continues to discriminate against half-races such as elves, dwarves, and beastmen, and seeks to unite the "Rodenius" "Kingdom of Louria".

The Kingdom of Quilla, and the Principality of Qua-Toyne in which one-third of the population, are half-humans such as elves, dwarves, and beastmen. Qua-Toyne and Quilla do not have good relations with the Kingdom of Louria, which planned to exterminate all the half-humans, and because of this, have not had good relations.

***

Central Calendar Year 1639, Month 1, Day 24. 8:00. Morning/Calendar from the New World appearance of the year 0000, May, Day 10. 8:00

A rider of the sixth squadron of the Dragon Knights, was on patrol duty in the skies of the Principality.

Clouds covered the distant horizon, causing visibility to be extremely high.In this sky, a graceful and powerful creature flapped its wings.                                                                           

A coal-black body and a sharp tail. If any of the modern humans on Earth saw it, they might call it a creature from fantasy - "dragon", and avid fantasy fans would call it "wyverns".

And riding this powerful wyvern sat a man in light armor, simple in design but stunning in its functionality. Maarpatima, the Dragon Rider of the Principality of Qua-Toyne, commanded the wyvern and patrolled the eastern part of the Principality.

Tense relations with the Kingdom of Louria, led to him and his partner having to patrol the northeast and east, it was assumed that it was from here that the Kingdom of Lauria might suddenly attack.

As a countermeasure so that they could detect them earlier, he and his partner flew to the north-east of the Principality to patrol. The sea spread out beneath him, where countless adventurers had sailed eastward in search of new lands, but until now, no one had ever returned.

- What is this!!! - asked Maarpatima, who thought he was the only one in the sky, except for his partner. - Could it be an ally?

He thought so, because the wyverns of the Kingdom of Louria could not be there, that's why he thought it was an allied wyvern. He and his partner here must be the only ones in this sky.

Although there were mother ships of wyverns called Dragon Bearers in the Three Great Civilized Lands*, but in this gods-forgotten and distant place far away from the Civilized Lands, there couldn't be these ships.

The flying object that was as small as a grain gradually grew larger, and then it could be fully seen. As it got closer, he could make sure that it wasn't an allied wyvern

- Doesn't it flap its wings? - he asked into the void and used the manacom* to contact headquarters - I have detected an unidentified flying object. Identification in progress. Current location...

There was no difference in altitude. To get past the unidentified object, he shortened the distance.

- It's big enough. ...