Chapter 19: Different Paths

Russian Federation. Moscow. Thirty minutes from the Embassy of the Principality of Bantian-el-Tarak.

- It's so... - the girl couldn't find the words, looking around at the skyscrapers and LED, advertising banners.

- Crazy? - suggested the man walking beside her.

- Yes... perhaps you are right, Uthris. - without distracting her companion said a girl of elven appearance. - There is constant traffic here, look. - The girl pointed her hand at the pedestrians. - Compared to them, I feel like some... frog stuck in my swamp and not wanting to leave it. This madness makes my head spin, Uthris. Is it possible to create such a thing with mortal hands? Look at all these monoliths of glass and iron with roofs reaching to the sky. Do you not wish, my faithful protector Uthris., for such a life in our kingdom?

- Madam..." the man looked down at her. - I would like such a life, but it is too early to think about it, your father, Grand Duke Adrian is fighting the traitors and until the storm subsides, it is premature to think about it.

- Oh, dear father..." the girl whispered. - Uthris, do you think this storm will subside soon? I am so afraid for my father and mother.

- If the Russian soldiers hadn't arrived, we wouldn't have had a chance. - Uthris changed his tone to a drier, even colder tone, giving the facts.

- Almost all the ruling houses have opposed the Grand Duke and your father, not excluding the help of that damned Parpaldia. But against the experience and training of the PMC, they don't stand a chance. I believe the war will be over very soon. I have heard of their capabilities, and I believe they are just playing with the overlords like a cat and mouse, and especially your father and mother are under their defense. I believe that in a week the mercenaries of this "TerraRosgroup" as they put it - will neutralize the ringleaders and give them to the Grand Duke for trial, but madam, the Russians are shedding blood for your father and it is not clear what they can demand in return for help.

The young princess only nodded at Uthris words, answering nothing.

- Mrs. Sinelia-al-Adrian, Mr. Uthris-en-Larsi. - a young man in a black tee and sunglasses approached the pair of the princess and her bodyguard. - Please follow me.

Pointing to a black, tinted minibus, the young man led the young princess and her protector inside.

- What happened? - Sinelia asked a question that had been in the air for a long time.

- You have been summoned to the embassy, Ms. Sinelia-al-Adrian. - answered a man in the same suit as his young colleague. - Your father, he...

- What's the matter with him?! - interrupted the young princess with a shriek. - Comrade Igorov, what's wrong with my father?!

- Your father and your mother arrived at the airport an hour ago on a special flight. He's talking to our president right now. We've been ordered to bring you to the embassy.

Sinelia sighed and leaned back in the deep armchair as if melted. Utris took his glass and poured himself some mineral water, then drained it, and when he saw Sinelia's gaze, he poured it for her as well.

Some time later, Sinelia and her protector arrived at the Principality's embassy. Then, in one of the restaurants, a princely family meeting was held, at which Adrian and Uthris discussed in whispers matters of state and the like. And at a neighboring table next to the men, Sinelia and her mother chirped about delicious dishes, clothes, weather, and all sorts of interesting things that happen in Russia. All the way, the princess was oohed and ahhed from everything, the perfect route to Moscow, and received a light nudge of the prince's elbow in his side, and catching his look - " you're a princess, and you behave like a peasant girl. Sinelia took on the role of a mentor, feeling a kind of happiness, helping her mother with various benefits of civilization, beginning with a Russian bath and ending with various specially made dresses in the atelier.