Chapter 30: Remille's arrest.

The Empire of Parpaldia. The Capital is Esthirant.

It has been a long time since a Russian diplomat's foot touched this land.

The Russian diplomats who met with Remille were back here to promote reconciliation between Russia and Parpaldia. But they also had the task of bringing Remille to the Russian Federation. The first was to conduct the interrogation. Together with a squad of guards, they went down to the dungeon reserved for traitors. How ironic. Ludius himself signs a treaty to transfer power to Lord Caios, to relinquish the Imperial crown and powers. Anyway, the Emperor is very busy at the moment

Not far from the imperial palace, an unremarkable building stood in the garden, guarded by two guardsmen. They let the "First's" group inside, the dungeon was dark and damp, and sunlight could not penetrate the stonework. They walked past the desiccated corpses of traitors who had apparently been starved to death, a horrible sight. But, their task was to take Remille and interrogate her. The delegation's footsteps echoed ominously. Here was the place of confinement - it was an iron barred room, with a cold stone floor and no furniture. In the cell itself was a lone woman in a slave collar, shackled, kneeling, whispering something.

She stopped talking and looked into the semi-darkness, her eyes piercing the aliens. The "First " accepted this game of staring and began to look at Remille as well. She looked ragged. There was silence, broken only by the dripping water.

Remille looked at the stranger with hatred mixed with arrogance. But the torchlight fell on him, and looking closer she recognized him, the Russian ambassador. Fear was added to those feelings. He stepped forward and said mockingly:

- Well, hello, Remille. It's been a long time. I must confess, I'm very glad to see you... just glad to see you.

Remille dropped her gaze and looked away.

- You really have become pathetic... "First " said puzzled.

- Shut up! - Remille growled. - I am the wife of Emperor Ludius of Parpaldia. You'd be killed for such a slanted look, you're nothing!

- So what of it? - smiled "First ". - Your hubby signs contracts in fear of what those he thought were nothing more than trash will do to him. Can you imagine, your hubby is willing to ditch you to get political asylum, and you know where? In the most barbaric country in your great world... drum roll... It's the Russian Federation!

Remille shivered. She swallowed the lump in her throat. Another blow had been delivered under her breath. Remille was filled with anger and hatred and bitterness at her own husband's betrayal.

- Tell me, you bastard! - The "First" kicked the bars with his foot. - You don't have a conscience, do you?! For the lives you took! You think because your country is strong, you have the right to abuse the weak?! You think the gods will forgive you for your horrible crimes?! Those people you murdered were just like me or you! They had feelings, families, friends! How much pain have you caused them?! How many tears and blood have innocent people shed?! Can you imagine, no?! You and your emperor have killed so many people that it's terrible to keep count of your atrocities!!!!- The First kicked the bars with all his might and roared. - Look me in the eye, you bastard!!! You didn't even spare the children with your fucking husband, you fucking bitch. What do you think you've got in your fucking head, you fucking bitch?! That if a man is born in a state under your control, you can treat him any way you want? Play with him like a toy and then throw him away?! I can see in your eyes that you don't feel any regret or remorse. And then you didn't regret it at all. - The "First" spat angrily, pulling his pistol out of its holster before the guards could react, and with a sharp movement, he discharged the entire magazine into the wall next to Remille, and then inhaled and exhaled again, speaking like thunder. - If it were up to me, I would destroy every single one of you! You deserve no mercy! You are true demons in the flesh! Do you know how many I've fucked up, people like you? Hundreds! You see, I could kill you, spit you out, but I have orders to bring you back to Moscow alive.

Remille sobbed violently, hysterically. She had no more strength to bear the accumulated burden. Hurt, lonely, sad, bitter, unbearable. All the feelings rushed out of Remille in a torrent.

- Shut her up and cuff her. - The Ambassador left the dungeon with a curt order.

Former Imperial noblewoman. Wife of the Emperor of Parpaldia. Was taken out of prison by the Russian military.

***

After a while, the ship took her to one of the coastal towns. All this time Remille tried not to fall asleep in a small cabin. There they put a black bag on her and put her on an airplane. Remille passed out instantly. After a while, she was flown to the capital.

After removing the sack from her silvery ashy head, she was put into a black tinted jeep. The vehicle impressed Remille with its speed and smoothness. Through the murky glass she could see the city that was the capital of the Russian Federation. Huge skyscrapers, busy streets shining with different colors, stores called stores. A large number of people scurrying along the solid stone road. Not even in Esthirant could there be so many people walking and going about their business in beautiful neat, even elegant clothes. Here there was no dirt, no poverty. The people themselves were calm, as if they did not know about the war.

Remille remembered a long lost city, Esthiranth. A magnificent, beautiful city that rivaled other superpowers in its grandiosity. But now, however, her beloved capital city was no match for the capital of Russia. Esthirant might as well be considered by the Russians as, a village in the countryside. Her heart stung intensely at the realization of true power. Feelings of despair and regret mingled. She felt with every cell of her body, the overwhelming superiority of Russia in absolutely everything.

And no matter how much the empire would not develop to the level of the Russian Federation, it would not be enough a century. 

_______

"First"- Diplomat's call sign.