Chapter 22. Beginning of the Calamity

"The only good way to fight is the one that kills the enemy and leaves you alive and cheerful."

On the deck of the 120-gun flagship "Super Fishanus". a Pall-class ship.

- I'm counting on you Dalda. - Sius patted the captain on the shoulder.

- I won't let you down, Mr. General. - the captain put his hand to his heart and exclaimed. - Our fleet is strong and truly powerful, and I bet we could put the "Zeroth Fleet" of the Holy Mirishial Empire to shame!

Meanwhile, the Parpaldian armada was heading towards the Russian ships, sparing no artifacts. Mages filled the «Tears of the Wind God» with their mana. The sails were filled with wind created by artifacts and pushed the ships on the sea waves to meet the enemy. The Russian ships followed a parallel course. General Sius stared at their silhouettes until his eyes burned. They were something similar to the ship of the second strongest superpower - Mu. Russian ships also their counterpart from Mu, had no sails and were just as big and fast, very fast. More and more Sius began to feel the tension.

Sius had a bad feeling about the Russian ships. As the distance between the ships reached five nautical miles, a flash came from one of the enemy's leading ships, followed by smoke.

- The enemy ship opened fire! - shouted the observer.

- We're ten kilometers away, what kind of foolishness is that? - Sius wondered.

- Maybe they're trying to intimidate us, Mr. General. - Dalda, standing with the general on the bridge, put her two cents worth in.

A cannonball, even if reinforced with magic, would not be able to cover such a distance. However, something happened that stunned everyone on the deck of the flagship. There was an explosion, and the one hundred-gun line ship of the Imperial fleet burst into flames like a match head.

- The battleship «Ropule» has been sunk!

A projectile fired from the AK-130 130mm cannon from the destroyer «Nastoychivyy» did not see the anti-magic steel plating inside the Imperial ship of the line as an obstacle. The initiated explosion of a shell in the propulsion chamber turned the ship around, tearing out all of its wooden innards. To say that the general and the captain of the flagship were stunned is an understatement. Sius and Dalda choked with anger, anger, fear and surprise, as if stuttering and looking at the fire, as if spellbound.

"BOOM! BAM! BOOM! BOOM! BAM!"

A cannonade was heard from the Russian ships. Each shell, like a bird of prey finding its prey, swooped down and bit into its flesh. Ship after ship was enveloped in smoke and each explosion marked a loss.

- How is that possible?! How can they reload so fast?! - Sius growled, taking cover from the flying debris behind the stern. However, there was no answer to the question. Sius turned to see his captain and turned pale. The debris had left a bloody mess where Daard's face had been.

- The battleships «Michera», «Lessin», «Cusion», and «Paus» have been sunk! - the observer shouted over the officers, the crackle of ships already sunk, and explosions at the top of his lungs. He did not, however, keep up with the reporting.

- Damn thing, just miss once! - The general growled in a hoarse voice.

- The enemy ship has changed course!

The "Nastoychivyy" increased the rate of fire of her guns and advanced toward the cordebatale of the Parpaldian fleet. The distance to her was three and a half nautical miles. The other ships following the destroyer also opened fire methodically destroying ship after ship of the enemy.