Chapter 29: The rebellion of the Empire's controlled territories

The Empire of Parpaldia. The capital Esthirant. Imperial Palace. Throne room.

The entire government of the Parpaldian Empire has been assembled. This meeting was dedicated to the terrible events that had recently occurred. All the top officials had a grim expression on their faces, without the slightest hint of a smile. Remille entered the throne room and bowed to the emperor and sat down at the table. A lump in her throat involuntarily came up. Present in the throne room at this moment were His Imperial Majesty Ludius the First, the head of the Audit Office, Her Imperial Highness Remille, Their Excellencies: Lieutenant General of the Rume Intelligence Bureau, Supreme Commander Arde, the head of the First Department Elto, the head of the Second Department Rius, and the head of the Third Department Kaios. Also present at the meeting was His Lordship Baar, head of the Meeting of Third Branch, and His Grace Muel, head of the Empire's Office of Economic Development.

The first to speak with a nod from the Emperor was the Supreme Commander-in-Chief:

- According to the data received, our navy and army have lost most of their main forces. We've also suffered heavy losses in naval personnel. I do not count the reserve squadrons in the east and west. They will be of little use, for the enemy outnumbers us in every way. Our largest garrison has been completely wiped out. There is nothing and no one left. Our capital is exposed and will not be able to hold our defenses for long. I have ordered troops from the vassal states to be rushed to the defense of the capital, but they do not reach the same level of training as the legions near the capital. Keep that in mind.

- May I have a moment? - Baars was furious. - You mean you're withdrawing troops from vassal states?! They'll revolt! Why don't you withdraw the legions from the continent?

- Unfortunately, Mr. Baars, I cannot do so because of their strategic importance to our Empire. Of course, by recalling the reinforced legions, we would strengthen our control over our vassals, but we would lose the weight of our territorial presence in other regions. - Arde looked at Rume and Baars and asked a question with a sneer. - What about your Intelligence Agency and the Viceroys' Leadership Meeting? Aren't those your primary tasks to nip rebellions in the vassal states in the bud?

Baars stifled a groan, and Rume gave a knowing chuckle. Arde continued:

- As I said, all the troops are already on the march to the capital. His Emper....- Arde's speech was interrupted by a sudden knock on the door.

After permission to enter, pale and shake like a leaf, he approached Arde and whispered in his ear something that made him himself shake more violently than the pale officer standing before him.

- What's the problem, Arde? - Ludius asked the Supreme Commander interestedly.

- You... Your Imperial Majesty... - Arde could not come to his senses, it was very difficult for him to pronounce these words, they seemed to be stuck in his throat.

- Stop it now! Speak already! - The emperor said angrily.

- Du... Duro, our industrial city was attacked by Russian troops and completely destroyed. All manufactories and factories were completely destroyed. Also the military garrison located on its territory was also destroyed.

Everyone was shocked and could not utter a word, there was a deafening silence in the hall. It was broken by another adjutant, who did not differ in color from his predecessor.

- Say it already! You don't need to whisper it to Arde. - Ludius prophesied angrily to the pale officer.

- Yes, Your Imperial Majesty! - the adjutant sat on his knee and without daring to raise his head, said. - The vassal states of Kooze, Arukh, and Marte have revolted. All three viceroys estates were attacked and subsequently looted. One of the Viceroys managed to deliver the information before the magical broadcast was interrupted by horrible screams.